1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while going through some boxes. I dont recall seeing the left sideplate and bottom plate to be numbered. Also, what are these things selling for these days. I would like to sell it, but dont want to give it away. I dont need top dollar either, but whats a fair price. 1919plate1.jpg 1919plate2.jpg 1919plate3.jpg 1919plate4.jpg

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Belty, those number sequences are common on Buffalo Arms parts, but that is not the only possibility. BCI is another. The more I look at what I can see in your pics, BCI is looking more likely.

If it is BA, there will be other markings to prove it. Look on the cams inside the left plate, and look on the forward facing edge of the rear sight bracket, on the mounting plate portion. Also, the bottom plate may have a BA mark, as well as the pintle pad and belt holding pawl bracket, though these are high wear areas and those marks can disappear in time.

I might have an interest at a fair price. If there are no mfg codes anywhere, BCI becomes more likely, and that makes it interesting too. More details can help identify.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Belty, those number sequences are common on Buffalo Arms parts, but that is not the only possibility. BCI is another. The more I look at what I can see in your pics, BCI is looking more likely.

If it is BA, there will be other markings to prove it. Look on the cams inside the left plate, and look on the forward facing edge of the rear sight bracket, on the mounting plate portion. Also, the bottom plate may have a BA mark, as well as the pintle pad and belt holding pawl bracket, though these are high wear areas and those marks can disappear in time.

I might have an interest at a fair price. If there are no mfg codes anywhere, BCI becomes more likely, and that makes it interesting too. More details can help identify.

Darn you beat me to it lucky!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill check for more markings when I get home. I did see a BA mark on the rear sight, although the sight leaf spring is Springfield. Im going to sell it, I just dont know whats a fair price to ask.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Ha late to the party again lol I must be getting older and slower :tongue: Definitely BA, the cam rivet is a dead give away as well as the markings that I see.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Darn you beat me to it lucky!
Well get over it, my friend. There is a first time for everything! :lol:

Ill check for more markings when I get home. I did see a BA mark on the rear sight, although the sight leaf spring is Springfield. Im going to sell it, I just dont know whats a fair price to ask.
I'll figure out what I think is fair and run that by you, and we can see where we are at. Let's figure out what you have, if we can, and you know you have a back up customer if we don't work something out. Fastmonkey will buy anything! :rofl:

Ha late to the party again lol I must be getting older and slower :tongue: Definitely BA, the cam rivet is a dead give away as well as the markings that I see.
Geez, you too? Man, how did the oldest among us get here first? That never happens! :D And you may be right, but there are some machine marks on the bottom plate that made me think BCI, but we shall see.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That's ok Rollin, I got 2 good deals today the one that you saw and I also got an 8mm barrel. So you are just saving me from my bank account and I thank you for that! Besides I was only going to get it for the pintle pad :lol:

just got on my computer and I can see on the rear cam the 3 digit code, my money is that it is 100% BA

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I lean toward BCI as well but we will see. They also had the funky rivets but I see rivet tool rings around one of the bottom plate rivets which may indicate some were replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts