1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All

I have found an A6 for sale at a shop not far from me, but I am fairly confident it is way overpriced (mainly bc they've had it for years now). I'd like to buy it, but wanted to ask this group of knowledgeable folks what they think a good price for it is? Also, what is the device in the second and third picture? A linker? Thank you for any tips

Pictures

·
12,100 Posts
gun is on an mg42 aa tripod modified value 200ish

gun value right now might be around 3,000-3500
the belt loader is 800-1000

their pricing isnt all that bad . if you get them to come down 500_ you are in good shape.

·
Registered
96 Posts

their pricing isnt all that bad . if you get them to come down 500_ you are in good shape.
Where are you seeing MG42 tripods for $200? I can't find any under $500. Legitimately curious.

·
12,100 Posts
that is old and the only part i was a little more questionable on. ive not seen them for sale for a while. they were $100 for years and i knew they went up some.

id still go on with the softer price as it has bene modified and its part of a package deal

·
Registered
96 Posts
that is old and the only part i was a little more questionable on. ive not seen them for sale for a while. they were $100 for years and i knew they went up some.

id still go on with the softer price as it has bene modified and its part of a package deal
Gotcha, I haven't been in this space for long enough to remember the "good old days" haha.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

they said they would go $4000 but I also know he’s had it in his shop for 3-4 years and I can’t imagine that’s made him happy with it. I’m gonna see if he’d do $3500-$3750

·
12,100 Posts
$4,000 is good pricing with the package.

if you get anything lower you are doing great.

if he gets down to 3500, id buy it!

who is on the side plate? that matters for some as to value.

the long white cloth belts that were next to it are $30-50 each if they have brass or steel tabs on them

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$4,000 is good pricing with the package.

if you get anything lower you are doing great.

if he gets down to 3500, id buy it!

who is on the side plate? that matters for some as to value.

the long white cloth belts that were next to it are $30-50 each if they have brass or steel tabs on them
I actually don’t know about the RHSP, I forgot to look while i was there. These are pics I asked them to send to me. I think the belts had steel tabs. When I was there I asked to buy them separate and he said no. That surprises me now knowing how long it’s been sitting. He didn’t seem very knowledgeable of LMGs in general, they moved ARs and hunting guns much more quickly

·
Registered
755 Posts
Tag says rapid fire so I would assume it’s an ORF gun. If that’s the case wouldn’t it have a different trigger and sear from the KMP design? Something to think about, I would try and find an A6 with the KMP denial island design and machined internals for KMP trigger and sear. If you break a sear or trigger bar on the ORF guns I don’t know where you would find a replacement.

·
12,100 Posts
good lookin oldironsight....

but rapid fire used KMP style too. maybe not in the beginning but later on i thought that they did

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tag says rapid fire so I would assume it’s an ORF gun. If that’s the case wouldn’t it have a different trigger and sear from the KMP design? Something to think about, I would try and find an A6 with the KMP denial island design and machined internals for KMP trigger and sear. If you break a sear or trigger bar on the ORF guns I don’t know where you would find a replacement.
What is ORF?

·
Registered
755 Posts
good lookin oldironsight....

but rapid fire used KMP style too. maybe not in the beginning but later on i thought that they did
I’m not 100% sure but I thought the triggers and sears were different. Did ORF use the same denial island design as KMP uses currently? I guess if worst came to worst you could have a new set of internals machined for a KMP trigger/sear and machined for an ORF denial pattern if it is different. Only if you broke the original semi trigger and sear of corse.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
it's probably possible that whoever owned that RF 1919 replace the RF sear and trigger bar with a KMP one..........back many years ago when RF was still in business and Todd hadn't died yet, KMP made a sear and trigger bar that was made to replace the RF one, without modifying the bolt. maybe they still do, anyway that is what I did when I bought mine, didn't particular like the RF modifying one.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Good reply from slowfire. I thought that KMP made a sear to fit an Ohio Rapid Fire modified bolt, to work with the KMP trigger, but you have hands on experience which I did not. I would definitely check to see if KMP still makes ORF compatible stuff, in case that becomes an issue with this gun. ORF built TONS of semi 1919s, and probably was most responsible for driving the semi auto Browning market. Sadly, Todd Grove, the company owner, passed away in his 30s and his company went away with him. He was a great guy to deal with.

Long before either KMP, Halo or most any other current side plate maker you can think of was in that business, Ohio Rapid Fire had become the most prominent seller of the old "80%" side plates. The island design discussed here is the common one used by most every plate maker who sold to the home build market. There were a handful of smaller production plate makers before ORF rose to prominence, most of which are long forgotten. (Really, does anyone else remember the Four Horseman plates?) In any case, that big single island design is what everybody used, with the exception of companies like TNW, OOW, Black Bear and others which were primarily gun builders and had proprietary island designs. Back when I was hosting build parties in So Cal, the ORF plates were the most common, and there was the occasional T&S Mfg. And then forum member Daves100 had his own line too, and he was a regular in our build parties and shooting events. All had that same island seen on KMP plates and most Halo plates today. Probably also used by others some will know of that I have not used.

Reactions: 42rocker and Rory

·
12,100 Posts
Only one small correction to Luckys post about todd. He was a great guy and a hell of a lot of fun to be around but the business failed before he died.

it was a tough time for the gun bizz and he ramped up like crazy. Knew that the leases on his equipment would soon be unpaid so he made a veritable crap ton of receivers before shuttering the bizz

If he was still around he could tell you about his PKM that I broke. And his RPD that I broke. Or basically every gun he wanted to take to the range I found the weak spot!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Well played, MM!

And thanks for the correction, Rory.

·
12,100 Posts
Sooo many vz receivers

was lucky enough to be basically right next door to rapid fire. Shot a suppressed mp5 in the basement of his first shop (house. It was a house) before his productions really ramped up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts