1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I built my 1919, the parts kit came from Sarco and was missing some major parts. I called them and let them know what was missing, and they sent me replacement parts. One thing that was missing that I didn't realise was the right rear cartridge stop. The gun was already put together and had been finished in duracoat. I now have the cartridge stop, but am trying to figure hout how to put it in without damaging the finish. Any ideas? What does this cartridge stop do and would it cause it not to feed right when using links? Can I just leave it out?

Thanks in advance,
Kris

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Use a black oxide coated 10X32 phillips panhead macine screw and nut. If you trim it to length and maybe reduce the thickness of the nut on a belt sanding surface there should be ample room inside to clear the extractor.

Or, use a flathead from the inside and a black acorn nut on the outside.

Stuff like this is why I like parkerized guns. Its easy to redo unlike stripping paint or other epoxy type finishes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finalygotabeltfed said:
Use a black oxide coated 10X32 phillips panhead macine screw and nut. If you trim it to length and maybe reduce the thickness of the nut on a belt sanding surface there should be ample room inside to clear the extractor.

Or, use a flathead from the inside and a black acorn nut on the outside.

Stuff like this is why I like parkerized guns. Its easy to redo unlike stripping paint or other epoxy type finishes.
Good ideas!! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts