1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone were to have a complete BA kit and offer it for sale what would be a fair asking price? To answer the follow up question no I do not currently have one for sale.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Not sure these days Fastmonkey, but if it helps when Allied Armament was selling guns they quoted me $2250 for a full all BA marked built gun. That was at least ten years ago, don't remember for sure cuz I'm getting old you know. :rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
939 Posts
If someone were to have a complete BA kit and offer it for sale what would be a fair asking price? To answer the follow up question no I do not currently have one for sale.

Unfortunately with most things like this you are never going to get out of them what you've got in it. To me there is an added value because I am a BA fanatic(thanks a lot Russ :D). To others who don't care about the mfg. its just another $1,000-$1,200 1919a4 parts kit. If I had to put a price on a fully marked BA kit though I would say somewhere in the $1,600-$1,800 range.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Unfortunately with most things like this you are never going to get out of them what you've got in it. To me there is an added value because I am a BA fanatic(thanks a lot Russ :D). To others who don't care about the mfg. its just another $1,000-$1,200 1919a4 parts kit. If I had to put a price on a fully marked BA kit though I would say somewhere in the $1,600-$1,800 range.
I think that would be a reasonable range, if it had most all the truly hard to find pieces. The catch is, how many people are out there who would buy such a kit, rather than take up the enjoyable, if frustrating, pursuit of the hunt.

Funny, CaptMax, but it was James from Allied who saw my largely complete BA kit at SAR, years ago, and told me he knew some guy looking for one. He hooked me up with a fellow who paid me my price, with some USGI component enhancements adding to that. It was some guy with an Italian name up in Rochester, N.Y., who I was vaguely aware of as a member of this forum. Goes by "toolman."

The rest is history...

·
Premium Member
6,928 Posts
Kyle I would have to agree with the above price range for a kit an have been asked more than a couple times over the years to supply a complete kit for guys looking. I am usually asked after I send them the BA parts list lol. it seems after they see just how many parts were marked it separates the men and the boys.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Funny, CaptMax, but it was James from Allied who saw my largely complete BA kit at SAR, years ago, and told me he knew some guy looking for one. He hooked me up with a fellow who paid me my price, with some USGI component enhancements adding to that. It was some guy with an Italian name up in Rochester, N.Y., who I was vaguely aware of as a member of this forum. Goes by "toolman."

The rest is history...
Lucky#13, Now we know where and how it started. :rofl:
Yes, I should have bought the Gun from AA when they offered me one but at the time I had an 85% BA gun built along with my SA and RIA guns. I ended up trading my BA gun to a good friend only to have him come back and treat me even better over the years. Like a Buffalo Arms Browning you just can't put a value on real friendship. :D
CaptMax

1 - 6 of 6 Posts