1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a blank fire adapter for my garand. I am not affiliated at all with any reenactment unit or group, but frequently get asked to bring my jeep, guns, etc to local living histories or historical displays. I have a complete basic WWII infantry PVT setup, wools, khaki's, and HBT's. All web gear etc. I usually dress the part when displaying. I am going to one in October where they are bussing in several hundred 4th graders. It is a military through the ages event. Rev War to modern. The event staff are considering firing demonstrations of the weapons through the ages. I have never blank fired my M1. Is there anything to do other than install a blank fire adapter? Does anyone have a suggestion on which type and where to get a BFA, keep in mind, that this will probably be used VERY little.

·
Registered
680 Posts
All you need is the adapter and the correct blanks. You can get the cheap adapters that work well for 10
Bucks on ebay. They also make adjustable types but are a lot more money. Try to find the GI 1909 type blanks and your gun will work fine. I have fired thousands of rounds through mine. Keep in mind you must thoroughly clean the gun after blanks as they make a far worse mess than live ammo because all the crud is forced back into the chamber area and is also trapped in the barrel. Hope that helps and contact me if you need more info. Dan

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts

Here's the info sheet that comes with current Army supplied M1's W/ BFA's. They are designed for the "new" M1909 blanks with the crippled case mouth.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can I get enough 1909 blanks for this event. I don't need thousands but I would like to play a little bit :)
I doubt I would need more than a few clips for the event.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
where can I get enough 1909 blanks for this event. I don't need thousands but I would like to play a little bit :)
I doubt I would need more than a few clips for the event.
How many do you want? I have between 800-900 on belts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts