1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys I have a few questions. I used to be pretty active here many years ago but have been off for awhile.

Q 1 - I see that parts kits can no longer be shipped to certain states and cities....is there a comprehensive list.

Q 2 - I quit messing with kits right before the barrel ban was coming into effect. I see all the kits now either come with no barrel, replacement barrel, or drilled barrel. Can the old kits be sold legally without destroying the barrels?

I have a few old kits I would like to sell but I want to make sure I do everything right.

Thanks, Bullet....formerly known as Bullethose.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Question

What kits are you referring to? Where are you located? There are no bans on 1919a4 barrels transacted inside the US.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im talking about MG-53, AK variants (all of them), UZI, SMG kits....imported prior to the barrel ban and therefore have good barrels....can those kits be sold as is or do they need further demill? Bullet

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Im talking about MG-53, AK variants (all of them), UZI, SMG kits....imported prior to the barrel ban and therefore have good barrels....can those kits be sold as is or do they need further demill? Bullet
Yes, the ban was on importation. If in the country they can be bought and sold as they always were unless there are state or city laws preventing it which are few.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply....that is good news I was a little worried. I have kits that I'm ready to sell but want to make sure I don't break the rules...hehe. Does anyone have a comprehensive list for the no sell states and cities...? Bullet

·
Registered
352 Posts
Magazines/belts are probably the only thing you need to worry about. In those states cases(CA, NY, NJ, etc.) sell them separately. Otherwise it's a pile of parts.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Are you kidding?? You mean you can't sell a 1919a4 bolt to someone in Washington state? No offense, but if that is true that state is bonkers.
RCW 9.41.220
Unlawful firearms and parts contraband.
All machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles, or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, illegally held or illegally possessed are hereby declared to be contraband, and it shall be the duty of all peace officers, and/or any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, to seize said machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or parts thereof, wherever and whenever found.
[1994 sp.s. c 7 § 421; 1933 c 64 § 4; RRS § 2518-4.]

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.220

Parts that can be used for semi auto versions will usually have a statement similar to that below for parts sales to the state -

"........residents of Washington State may not purchase any machinegun parts unless they are to be used for the manufacture or repair of legal registered semi-automatic firearms. Please fax us with a signed statement indicating the purpose of your purchase."

A number of companies cover their rear ends by not selling parts to Washington state residents.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
RCW 9.41.220
Unlawful firearms and parts contraband.
All machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles, or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, illegally held or illegally possessed are hereby declared to be contraband, and it shall be the duty of all peace officers, and/or any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, to seize said machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or parts thereof, wherever and whenever found.
[1994 sp.s. c 7 § 421; 1933 c 64 § 4; RRS § 2518-4.]

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.220

Parts that can be used for semi auto versions will usually have a statement similar to that below for parts sales to the state -

"........residents of Washington State may not purchase any machinegun parts unless they are to be used for the manufacture or repair of legal registered semi-automatic firearms. Please fax us with a signed statement indicating the purpose of your purchase."

A number of companies cover their rear ends by not selling parts to Washington state residents.
That is sad………………To think that those people are afraid of scrap metal.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the good info guys. I did not really want to demill a bunch of nice kits to have to sell them. Guess its time to get these puppies ready.....late Christmas for some I guess. No mags or belts so that's not an issue.

Anything else I need to know guys...? Looks like the kits and original barrels are good, just avoid Wash State.....Those rules seem really easy to follow. Its sad we have to play games"...residents of Washington State may not purchase any machinegun parts unless they are to be used for the manufacture or repair of legal registered semi-automatic firearms. Please fax us with a signed statement indicating the purpose of your purchase."

Regards, Bullet

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Just remember a price if you post them here8:D, look forward to seeing what you have.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I remember the rules from years ago...assume they have not changed, I will go read them over. Lots of treats coming....just have to get the pics up, ads written and get them listed. You guys have always been great...appreciate the help. Figuring prices will also be a trick, Ill have to look around and see where there at. Merry Christmas, Bullet.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I call dibs on anything ZB26/30, 1914 Hotchkiss and Schwarzlose ;)

Look forward to seeing what you have, Just don't forget lots of pictures

Merry Christmas

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
I'll take them all :D I figure if I am going to adopt Rory I should lead by example no?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Based on when you bought your parts sets your going to be shocked/pleased at what they bring today
Aahhhh.....lets just say they have outperformed my traditional investments. Its kinda why I bought them...never assumed the prices would rise to this point over 10 years. Regards, Bullet

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...post it....

Just a reminder that you will be unable to receive or write PM's unless you get 20-post count. Start writing...LOL.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts