1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved mine today and have a few questions. Bear with me this is my first 1919 and some of the questions my seem obvious. First thing I noticed when I was at my dealers shop was the booster was loose. I was able to screw it in about two turns by hand. So here's my first question, how tight should it be and any suggestions you have on how to tighten it and keep it tight. Second question is there isn't any screws in the shroud to hold it to the trunnion, is this normal for an Allied build? Does anyone know if the shroud is held on a different way. Any other suggestions for a first timer would be appreciated also. Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
I also received mine today. I had 2 kits done by Allied. On one kit there are 2 screws on the shroud and on the other there is only 1 screw. However, both kits look great. I am very, very pleased with the fit and finish. These look great!

·
Registered
749 Posts
If the booster isn't tight just hand tighten it and were the recess is cut out by the bearing that mates to the shroud, put a screwdriver in there and hit it with a hammer it wont go anywhere.

As for the shroud, sometimes the guys working on them tighten them up real tight so the shroud is almost mated to the surface of the trunion. They usually do this because there is still some silver sauder between the threads and the shroud doesn't align perfectly with the hole. It wont move or loosen up on you, but if you'd like we can send you a shroud screw.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No need to send a screw, if it's OK to shoot that way it's OK with me. I'll do what you said with the booster. Thanks for taking the time to answer, I was going to call you but I figured someone here with one of your builds could help.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't have an AA 1919. But I personally leave my bering/booster locking rings unstaked.. Cleaning the booster is a chore in itself, trying to clean it peened to the shroud is near impossible. Especially if the shroud is soldiered on.

I've always kept the bering/booster hand tight and it's never been a problem.. or you could use a rubber strap wrench.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
you guys should get a booster wrench,they are available from many sources and are not expensive.you wont mar or ding the metal and it will keep your booster looking good for a long time. cheap tool to keep in your range box...jmo

·
Registered
144 Posts
AK Addict said:
No need to send a screw, if it's OK to shoot that way it's OK with me. I'll do what you said with the booster. Thanks for taking the time to answer, I was going to call you but I figured someone here with one of your builds could help.

i have 3 1919a4's so far built by AA and they look very good. they have always been very rsponsive to any questions i have had. they are building a lot of the 1919a4's and this is getting more people into the shooting sport of belt feeds. thanks AA for you quick response to ak addict.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts