1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a way to raise the height of my 1919a4 when its on the tripod so I don't have to lie in the dirt.
I currently have a small pintle on the gun, and it fits the tripod perfectly. I have a forked pintle to mount the gun in a scout car socket on my Wrangler, but it's too big for the tripod.

Is there a solution to my dilemma?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I too have one of Rich's buffered mounts and I'm very happy with it, however, being old and lazy, I put together an extension to lift it even further.
The traverse is now unlimited but the vertical elevation only is limited by the adjusting wheel.
I can now sit in a garden chair to fire it. Machine Machine tool Milling Toolroom Shaper Machine Toolroom Auto part Metalworking

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm looking for a way to raise the height of my 1919a4 when its on the tripod so I don't have to lie in the dirt.
I currently have a small pintle on the gun, and it fits the tripod perfectly. I have a forked pintle to mount the gun in a scout car socket on my Wrangler, but it's too big for the tripod.

Is there a solution to my dilemma?

Thanks,
Brian

After 26 years in the US Army lying in the mud and dirt, I bought one of these so I didn't have to anymore:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AA-elevator-tripod-30-cal-m1917A1-Browning-m1919-Extension-/231798964649

Very respectfully,
Buck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts