1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone thats owns or had owned a razorback .22 upper, have you ever had it run without jamming? I have one that I bought quite a while ago and its has never run more that 5 rounds without jamming or misfeeding. Its on a semi lower. I finally decided to tear into it and try to fix it. There were a number of rough surfaces that things were getting hung up on. I smoothed everything out, lubed everything up. Marginally better. I adjusted the bottom ejection spring open a hair and instantly was able to get it to run where its only jaming about 4 times in a 50 round belt. I have run out of ideas where to go from here and if its even possible to get these things to run without jamming or misfeeding.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Never had one .... that said they are basically a scaled down 1919 so :
Belt tension and ammo fit and ammo OAL.
Are you using a loading tool ?
Problems with a belt or multiple belts ?
One brand - type of ammo or several ?
i used CCI mini-mags in all my .22s flawlessly ... until I bought a S/W AR15-22 . Would not feed /function at all . Switched to Winchester AR22 ammo and it works flawlessly .
There are lots of clips of these working on the web.
Chris

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running cci as i have heard thats what they like. I have a couple other brands i could try. I only have 1 50 round belt available. No loader, other than my hands, i load so all the rounds are even.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I had one...Did everything I could to get to run with no luck...From polishing the bolt / streching the belts / different ammo / links / lube / supporting the belt...I was 10rd (stop) 8rd (stop) 15rd (stop) , you get the point...So I sold it to Rory ....At least It looked cool .

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
-Got 2

Shot 1

They like Blazer

The extractor bends real easy.

Belts were hit and miss...Not sure what batch you got.

Had a special buffer F'all spacer thing....?/...you got that?

Is yours a 1 of 100 Stamped on side?

bbl length?

I think the website is still active...or you can call the dude @ Horseshoe arms or somesht and I'm sure He'd chat...Eric iirc.

He still sells off a few bits and parts now & then.
Dan

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Not sure if i got any blazer, i’ll look. I bought it used about 10 years ago. Extractor looks ok. 16” barrel, no 1 of... stamps. Yup got the buffer and the spacer (chunk of emt conduit)

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Not sure if i got any blazer, i’ll look. I bought it used about 10 years ago. Extractor looks ok. 14” barrel, no 1 of... stamps. Yup got the buffer and the spacer (chunk of emt conduit)
Sounds right.....conduit...oh boy...Thats how they came.

Look at extractor..you can bend them with 2 fingers and it seems there was a queer rivet or whatever that kinda held it together.

Belts........Bunch of the Junk reject belts got Brokered after Eric closed shop.......Sold as scrap and there were lots of them....Out Of Spec.

Do you have the loader set up....Plastic blocks like legos for adults? This may give more success.

Theres a new (actually 2) companies reproducing this upper....Same parts MARKED Lakeside.

1st one tried and failed...NO BELTS.........apparently sold to VVVVVV the guy below
2nd is maybe doing something....google is your friend here as I have forgotten the new names.,....its out there if you look.

Last I checked the price for upper was 1700.ish......still no belts.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope no loader, just have the upper and 1 belt. Pretty sure its a good belt, bought before they closed up shop. Tried contacting lithocorex, one of the places building them but didn’t hear back.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Placement of the rounds in the belt is critical. People like to load them too deep into the belt because it looks 'better'. Just covering the fat part of the bullet and forward end of the brass is about right. You should be a bit concerned they'll fall back out again.

Ammo OAL is important. HPs and flat-nose don't work as well as round nose. Blazer in the plastic trays works well, as does Green Tag. CCI mini-mag solids and Federal Automatch are next in line for my preference.

Once your extractor bends, you need to remove it and bend it back perfectly square. Trying to halfass it in the gun rarely works and then it bends again.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
What are good belts and links running these day if you can find them ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shred is right on seating depth. Don’t push them in too far. Probably the biggest thing besides
Ammo choice. If your seating depth is right Blazer should work. Might try some mini mags if not.

The looser the belt the better. Twist the loaded belts to loosen them up a bit if needed.

Be careful tweaking the extractor. They break easily and are had to find. Messing with it would be a last
Resort in my opinion.

it’s a simple machine, don’t overthink it. Stop and try the simple stuff above before you modify irreplaceable parts. They are finicky, but will run well when you figure them out.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Ouch, I new should have kept a few back when I sold my upper...That would have been like $700 in belts and links alone.

·
12,310 Posts
I still have piles of belts. I bet 30 or so. Only a few packs of links

I never had luck with the lm7 or the Razorback. I wanted them to runon my m16 though.

I have the mini M2hb from tippman that I saved the belts for. Have never shot a single round in it though

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased 2, one i never opened, the other is on a full auto lower, i run 200 rd belts with few if no stoppage, cci mini mag, i use to have problems, it boiled down to, the belts were not broke in, the extractor bends when it has difficulty pulling the round out of the belt, the rounds can’t be tight or real snug holding the rnd, get 50 rnd belt , go through each pocket and make sure they slide in / out easily, i have a loader, i had to stretch each pocket before mine starting running like you would expect, never pull the bolt back with force, this will bend the exractor, also make sure the tee slot is smooth, i even sent mine back to eric once, when he was in business, it ran fine with him, but with me, it was 100% the belts were to snug, i went through several belts with a rod that was smooth but slightly larger than the 22lr, this helped tremendously. Actually worked the belts, stretching, slightly enlarging the cloth, several times, the first couple of times after stretching, it helped a little, so more stretching, now i have several belts that work great, i had the same teething problems you described, also have broken one extractor, but now, im sure ive shot close to 10k through it, the extractor looks great( knock on wood)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Seating depth in the belts was the cure! Only a couple stops, more than likely due to a couple tight belt pockets. I didn't have any blazer to try but it definitely preferred CCI over federal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of the original LM-7's (before the razorback) What I had to do to get it to run was replace the bolt with a razorback's and only run CCI Blazer. Mine sits on a full auto upper and runs well, I might get a stoppage per hundred round belt though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts