1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy's descriptions can be very entertaining as long as you have your boots on. Unfortunately the "rare" is a legend in his own mind. Reminds me of the old museum adage "This is George Washington's original hatchet he used to cut down the cherry tree. The head has only been replaced twice and the handle has only been replaced three times." Not mine

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=529650988

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes, Frank does have some "interesting" descriptions. On many firearms, he needs to have a little more knowledge (or find someone that does) about them based on his descriptions which are sometimes factually incorrect. That leads me to question the accuracy of any stated condition and other important descriptions of the gun and/or accessories.

Also, I have noticed in the past guns that have "sold" without reserve being relisted in a week or less. Hence, do such guns in essence have a functional reserve that is not listed in GB???

:) BTW, I have a rare (one-of a-kind) 3/8 x 16 nut for sale. It's similar to but not the same as any other zinc plated 3/8 x 16 nut you can buy at the hardware store. It's unique because:
1) I own it;
2) You don't;
3) Only the material used (probably less than 1 oz. of "grade 5" steel) in it is used in that specific nut and no other (although grade 5 steel is used in millions of similar nuts manufactured in the same facility). Oh, as to price, its $55.00 + S&H OBO. I also have twigs, sticks, rocks, and other unique, rare and one of a kind items for sale...... :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I actually talked to Frank about this issue - offered my services but apparently he did not want to pay for remote work..... Personally, I think better descriptions and photos would get a lot better pricing..... they spend more time talking up their business than describing the guns and gear.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am not sure how many transferable FN39 aircraft guns are in existence but the number has to be very, very low. While the kit and plate are not C&R original together the condition of the final product with Kris's converted back plate are most likely unmatched unless possibly post samples are included into the equation. This appears to be the same gun that one of our members just got back from Kris with the ATF's help.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I've done business with Frank on a few occasions. He's a real stand up guy.

I do plan on on selling an FN32 and an FN38 in a couple years. bet my description won't be this good.

Karl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts