1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to identify the little itsy bitsy screws that hold on the traverse scale on the rear sight, mine are so corroded I can't identify them, I think they may be #2-56 but I'm not sure, thanks for any and all replies, Jon P.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Very hard to find any of those on the loose but they do make new ones although only in stainless to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
McMaster-Carr has them but like toolman said only In stainless. You can order a box of a 100 for cheap but then you got to buy SS darkener

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
I am trying to identify the little itsy bitsy screws that hold on the traverse scale on the rear sight, mine are so corroded I can't identify them, I think they may be #2-56 but I'm not sure, thanks for any and all replies, Jon P.
If you just need two of them PM me your address and I will send them to you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see M S C has quite a selection of 2-56 in fillister head but they are all cad plated , so not sure but the s s is probably easier to blacken I would imagine, thanks for the feedback guys, at work we get from McMaster at least twice a week so I’ll get some coming, a may ruin a few blackening them, I’m thinking if I heat them with a torch till they just turn color and dip in water they may turn black enough ?? I’ll find out. Thanks again guys. Jon P.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts