1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the rear sights on the 1917 water cooled, similar to the ones on the 1928 water cooled? I'm looking for a 1917 rear sight or parts. Can anyone help.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,165 Posts
The 1928 and 1917 rear sights have a similar ladder, but the combo slide is completely different. There are no 1917 sights currently on the market. You might get lucky and find one private party, but otherwise you are SOL.

Here are some pics of the 1917 and 1917A1 variations:
http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016&highlight=1917A1

The good news is that a repro is in the works and should be available by around the end of September. It will be of the highest quality and so exact as to be virtually indistinguishable from an original in every detail. Some original components will be used as well as new made parts. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm sitting here in Mechelen, Belgium and know they are all around me. Ah if only I knew where they were. Where is the Belgian SARCO.

Darn,poey and all those other bad words.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,165 Posts
gearlogo- have you been in touch with the 1919 board members in Belgium? Hardrain and Jeep Guy are there. Good guys. E-mail Walter (Hardrain) at this address and mention my name. [email protected] OR try Christophe at [email protected] They both know me so tell them I referred you Sorry I don't have phone numbers.

-Rollin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts