1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my first 1919A4 in .308 last Wed from John McGuire.
I took it out to the range and fired 1000 rounds through it with not a single failure to feed, fire, extract, or eject. :D

Thursday ran another 4000 rounds thru it with nary a hicup. I?ve got about 8000 rounds thru the gun as of 6pm tonight and having way too much fun shooting it. Put a borrowed (got one on order) Emory Jones six lobe Crankfire unit on it Friday and got busy.

Had to make a speed run to Cheaper Than Dirt in Ft Worth to pick up another 5,000 rounds this morning, for rest of weekend. This gun is going to eat me out of house and home. I'm extremely pleased with John's workmanship and attention to detail! In my humble opinion, dollar for dollar, his guns are the best bargain out there, bar none.

You can pay more but I doubt seriously you will or could get any more reliablity. Not slamming the other guys, just so impressed with the dollar value of John's guns. Thanks for producing a superior weapon, at a more than fair price John!! Checks in the mail along with a FN 30 built kit next week.

Now all I need is a cheaper source for bulk purchase (10-20K+ rounds) of ammo. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
518 Posts
John McGuire built my M1919A4 as well,

John built my 8MM M1919A4 (30-06 US gun, converted to 8MM in Yugoslavia, de-milled to parts set by importer, built back into a semi-auto by John McGuire). I had the work done some months ago and was very pleased with the result. I have had other dealings with John since and have to say I was very happy with the transaction.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
John built my girls 1919 and like you said, its perfect in fit, finish and function! I have bought lots from John and there is none better to deal with, and i vouch for him whenever i get the chance. He takes pride in his work thats for sure and talks to people like they are his freind hes known for yrs, not just as someone hes getting money from. I think Johns guns are the best by far!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
John McGuire Outstanding Work

I have 3 of John's guns two in 308 and one in 8mm.All three run perfit.Will pick up the fourth one soon.The best one to build your kits and will fix the ones that do not run good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
John builds nice Shorty barrels also. I've bought three from him already with another 8MM on the way. Ones a cool looking M2 lookalike .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Shhhh!!!
We need to keep this a secret, if word gets out how good his builds are at bargain prices we will wind up waiting in a very long line for our next gun!!:)

My 1919a4 from John looks arsenal new and works great. He is a pleasure to deal with and who else sends out the gun with no payment for your inspection. You like it you send $ otherwise send it back.
John thanks for a great build!

Rich V

1 - 6 of 6 Posts