1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
The fine print says add $200 for All USGI in 30 cal. My guess is that the "basement model" is Izzy 308. Nothing wrong with that. A little pricey though... Check out Allied Armament. They had a special going for less than $1K. Allied's gun is parked not blued.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you dvader, actually what I am trying to figure out is the overall quality of their products before committing to a not yet produced PKM.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
MGS Guns

Last account I had, these were ORF guns, but I could be wrong now. If it is an ORF gun, I have had good results from mine, but I know how to set headspace and operate the gun properly. The ORF guns had the best reputation at one time from the Forum, but have been "bashed" lately. Mine has been flawless. I have heard "bashing" about the AA guns too, but I think they are probably good guns. My friend from Iraq will be home in a few weeks and his AA should have arrived by then. I will get a chance to see how they operate then when I TEACH him how the gun operates and how to maintain it.

All manufacturers of the lower priced guns do have a few problems some time and they will take care of them IF IT IS THEIR FAULT, but you as the buyer has the resposibility to lear how to operate the gun and HOW TO TWEAK IT.

Right now, the best buy is from AA and if I was buying one for myself, this is what I would have on order.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Abwehr, I missed stated my question , I was wondering about Military Gun Supply's over all quality using the 1919A4 as a example.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Almost all of the 1919's they built/had built were built by wise lite arms. Nathan wise lite and tnw's old employee (and now business partner and employee here at allied) built all of MGS/wise lites guns. They are built identically to our builds, other than they are blued instead of parked and most if not all of them were built on original WWII .30o6 kits.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
MSG is ok. They just hate dealing w/ Kommiefornia. :mad:
Had to turn the screws on them. Got my USGI 30.06 kit though. THX again Weaponeer! Build turned out just great! Twin 99% SG USGI 30.06. Twin AA set up pics soon. :)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Military Gun Supply

I bought one of their Finnish Lugers and when it arrived, it was better than what I expected. The person I talked to was very nice and the shipping was fast. I will definetly order from them again.

·
1,239 Posts
Still waiting on...

Still waiting on a part they had in stock 1919 T&S will have to call them this Friday if not delivered will have been over a week so far for an instock part...

They are great over the phone and they call you back right away if there is a problem for sure...:)

iRighti you need to get a place to ship to out of state man...:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Military Gun Supply

I've been in their store several times. They're nice and will visit with you. I can't attest to their offerings of the semi-auto Finnish MP's, the ppSh41, the DP-28, their Bren, or the anticipated belt-fed. They didn't have anything available for display last Memorial Day weekend. Otherwise, it looks just like a military surplus arms dealer retail front - lots of SKS, Mausers, some MAS 49/56, Japanese rifles, Enfields, AR's, AK's, Century FALS, etc. hanging on the walls for sale.

·
1,239 Posts
Just a side note...

Just a side note I ordered from military gun supply and have yet to receive my parts. Called them back two weeks later found out they shipped parcel post might get here before my next birthday (I hope). My recommendation is make sure you get your items shipped UPS with a tracking number pay the difference its worth the frustration and the constant walks to the mailbox to be utterly disappointed...:(

Aside from that they are very professional and I guess I just assumed that everyone shipped UPS... So don't forget to ask how its gonna be shipped I read somewhere someone else had a shipping issue with them as well...

Guess it was my own fault...:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts