1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I just have to ask this question. I keep seeing pictures, not real mind you, but drawings, of 1919a4 that are right hand feed. For example the one on BMGParts.com. I am pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but are there any right hand feed 1919a4's?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ya that's an odd pic they have.. I think it's just a horizontally flipped image (as well as the M2 pic).

Also too, quite a few war time and historical photographs have been flipped as well. The infamous "Left Handed Billy The Kid Photo" comes to mind.

The M37 tank gun is a left AND right hand feed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just for fun.. Here is the pic on BMG's site enlarged and lightened.
You can see that the sight bracket is on the wrong side, no charging handle..etc..

Also, another sign is the T&E.. The 1919 T&E mounts with the traverse knob to the left of the receiver.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Yeah, they flipped it. M37s are EXPENSIVE when you find them. The dual feed 1919a4 does NOT exist. ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats too bad, sure would make for a sick dual mount. If it werent for the topcover and bolt it probably wouldnt be too hard to make one. You would have to custom make the right and left side plate but that would be possible. Too bad for the top cover and bolt.:( I would definately build one.:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh oh, I found an M37 top cover and bolt for sale. Now the question is can I take an M37 top cover and bolt, which by the way cost more than two complete 1919 parts kits, and custom sideplates and make a right hand feed?
Hmmmmm........sounds like a fun project.

Geeez, listen to me. I have one 1919 build under my belt and now I think I can do anything:rolleyes: Its all your fault Lobo;)

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Browning 1919A4 designs with dual feed
T151 Prototype (failed)
T152 Prototype not adopted
T153 (modified M1919A4 that became the M37)
M37 (.30M2)
M37E1 (7.62mm Nato)

Of the ANM2 designs that were dual feed (modified 1919A4's)
T13E2 Springfield Armory Light Machine Gun
T33 (designed like the 1919A6)
M2 Aircraft Gun (ANM2)
Stinger (modified ANM2)

So, the only dual feed 30 caliber Brownings?
M37
ANM2
M1919 Flipped photos lol

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
robo4642 said:
Uh oh, I found an M37 top cover and bolt for sale. Now the question is can I take an M37 top cover and bolt, which by the way cost more than two complete 1919 parts kits, and custom sideplates and make a right hand feed?
Hmmmmm........sounds like a fun project.
Those are getting hard to come by and I recommend you pick them up. I know one who can use the top cover for sure if you want to move it. Or, keep them and start collecting the various parts to build an M37. The top cover will not interchange with A4, btw. You will have LOT of stuff to fabricate to go M37. Trust me, I've been there! But it will be worth it, I promise you! You'll be halfway to M2 dollars by the end. http://1919a4.com/NonCGI/Forum6/HTML/005706.html

And Gary, you just had to go and give us the history lesson and make me look bad! ;) I meant that there was no production dual feed A4 and was considering the M37 and ANM2 as different guns, though they all have the same roots. Good stuff!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Lucky #13
I am definately jealous. That is quite a gun you have there. I would love to build one but the price is definately up there. I know a guy who peiced together an M2 for about 4500. I think I would go that route first. But darn nice gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts