1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what these went for final bid before the associated premiums are added? I didn't get a chance to watch it but I think its pretty neat of an idea they are streaming the auction. Is it really live or is streaming delayed?

Lot 541 MG08 Dewat
Lot 552 Chatellerault Dewat
Lot 561 MG11 Maxim tripod
Lot 567 Hotchkiss and Maxim belt loader

Thanks, Aaron

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Not sure on those auctions Aaron but I will tell you the 4 I bid on went well beyond what I thought they would and one was absolutely insane?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Prices are usually high on this auction. The older ones when they were in the original building were good and some bargains could be had. Since they are in their owned location now there seems to be no more bargains. Neat to see the inventory though if nothing else to just window shop.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I knew I probably wouldnt win it but would have regretted it forever if I didnt put something on it. I bid $6000 + 1, so without doing the math it would have been around $7500. Guess it sold for around $14000. Even if I would have bid what I really wanted to I still wouldnt have won it so At least I tried.

There description:
A predecessor of the M2 50 caliber machine gun, that uses a proprietary 11mm incendiary round for taking out hydrogen-filled observation balloons. Lot includes a water jacket, barrel and a few other small parts. NOTE: This item is registered with the BATFE as an "Unserviceable Firearm", and many parts are absent. It is the sole duty of the bidder to understand all relevant laws and restrictions, and no guarantees are made about the expense, feasibility or safety of "re-activating" this weapon. Correction: This lot does include a tripod as shown in the picture.

Sitting on a nice original Model of 1917 Tripod that they were so kind to include in auction. Wish the Tripod would have been separate. Might have had a chance. That is what I really wanted.

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Craig I bid on that myself lol the description was not quite accurate which made me laugh a bit.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I was at the auction for the first half - through the MG stuff. I did get some pictures of items but very limited as a I had to get permission. Petty much all the guns were in need of a lot of work. If you figure the cost of the gun, the repair, parts and refinish it seemed to me that most would end up costing more than buying an original unmolested gun " on the market" . I almost pulled the lever on the LMG08/15 aircraft gun, but it was missing lot of parts, and had no firing parts at all. The MG08 was probably the best deal. The parts went for a lot more than I expected ( or hoped). So, if anyone knows who got the Lewis drums, I want the 97 rd Type 92 Jap drum for my gun, but not THAT bad (I have two) . If you know who got the Hotchkiss 1914 parts, the "B" barrel in the lot goes to the gun I got from the RIA auction back in the fall. I could use it. Plus any small parts......

Brian

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I wrote down all the hammer prices on the MG stuff, if there is something you want to know PM or add on here. I bid on stuff but it went over my limit

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
I wrote down all the hammer prices on the MG stuff, if there is something you want to know PM or add on here. I bid on stuff but it went over my limit
What did lot 555 go for? it was the 1917a1 and browning parts lot? I went to over 3k on it but heard it went over 8k :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Tooman I wrote down 3K for that lot. Maybe I missed something or wrote down the number too fast before it closed? Or maybe you need to check your email for a message from RIA? In adding up those parts I don't see $3500 there? What did I miss?

Bid on the tripod thing too and stopped at 13. Just not seeing the value there of paying 6500 for a Vickers shell and 10K for the tripod? What did I miss there? I guess if a guy had a complete Colt parts kit that was a deal? I think 1917 tripods may outnumber original 1917 guns? Gotta be getting close?
Well there were a couple complete M37 bolts with extractors, 5 USGI bolts with extractors, & barrels and a bunch of other stuff but even high end retail it was only worth about 5,200.00 but my bidder ran it up to 3k or so undenounced to me so we will see but it better have one John Moses Browning's original parts or DNA samples or at least his first born :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts