1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant change my font no matter how many times I have tried.

Anyone have a PPd 40....?? Landies had 4-5 of these early on. I dont remember whether they came from the east Pa. museum sale or from Strembridge. I looked at them when I was at his house. Later decided to get one, told him to send me a matching number one. One came, was mixed numbers, I sent it back, got another that was less of mismatch but mismatched anyway. Kept it...

I saw McCollums history discussion of these. He mentions the drums being slightly different. I have only 2 of several drums that will work in mine.....cant say whether they will all latch in place. Once I found two that worked, I went no further as the others stayed with the PPsH 41 of Donnas....

I cant find one for sale. Had the idea to start pricing my stuff and selling soon...........PPd 40, up left in the picture.
North basement wall.JPG

PJH

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've dealt with and worked on quite a few of them. Yes the drums are odd and tough to find. There are at least 3 different variations on the receivers too. Give me a call if you've still got my number or send an IM and I'll get it to you. There have been some recent sales and prices can be ballparked.

Frank

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have seen both a dewat and a couple of live guns sold.
They do have an interesting place in WW2 history.
The PPsH-41 is designed from the PPD, just easier to manufacture.

It is my understanding that parts and magazines are just not to be found for the PPD.
It does seem the Russians built a lot of them before going to the PPsH-41 and the PPS-43.

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts