1919 A4 Forums banner

RPD bolt carrier question

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sportsterdan 
#1 ·
I have been looking for complete BCGs to finish a pair of semi RPDs. I was able to locate bolts and flaps, but not with the bolt carriers.
I recently found a pair of bolt carriers, but the seller says they’re reciprocating. I’m not sure if these will work with my receiver. My guns came with the non reciprocating charging handles.
anyone know anything about these?

#2 ·
I don't believe you can mix parts between reciprocating and non.
But I'm not sure if your receiver is cut in such away that you can use either types.
I have a S/A vector built off a Polish parts set ?
It uses a non reciprocating charging handle. It will only work with non reciprocating bolt carrier.
I compared to a Russian PKM bolt carrier and charging handle and you can definitely tell the difference.
I just don't know if you can swap between the two types ( reciprocating and non ) as complete parts after the S/A auto conversion to them of course.
I don't think the actual receiver cares as long as they are not a mix of types ( non v recip.) All S/A no funny business of course.
I can take some pictures of them side by side if you would like so you can see the difference in charging handles and bolt carriers and why they don't work on miss matched .
PM me a Email address.
It might be this weekend before I can drag them out.
GW

#5 ·
You have to choose 1 or the other, reciprocating handle slot will be milled all the way through the right side of the receiver. The non reciprocating handles will be milled into the side of the receiver but just stay stationary.

You can see the differences in the attached pics

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.