1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you don’t mind me asking, are you thinking about making a receiver? I know there is a market for semi receivers. The best man to get in touch with would be Stan from project guns. I don’t know him personally and he closed his shop. Someone on this board my know how to get in touch with him.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
If you don’t mind me asking, are you thinking about making a receiver? I know there is a market for semi receivers. The best man to get in touch with would be Stan from project guns. I don’t know him personally and he closed his shop. Someone on this board my know how to get in touch with him.

Stan closed? That's a shame. He helped me on a few builds when I couldn't find answers elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Its worth at least what you paid for it. :)

Seriously, I'd double check against at least receiver chunks.. if i were going to manufacture, I'd 3D print one, then make one out of AL before pulling the trigger on production.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have access to a Ziess CMM as long as I know what the overall length is I can (I think reverse eng. some of the other dims. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Remember its only a gun. AND rushkie design. Most dimensions have a huge tolerance.

Years ago, we looked at making our own. There is a square bottom pocket for the bolt flap that would need a shaper or EDM. Also a tiny dovetail slot for the ejector that needs a super long shank - trouble. plus a huge narrow double slot for the charge handle. Put all this together and the purchase price looked like a good deal. of course they were available back then.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I can help with the edm also just have to look at the other features you are talking about. Haven't noticed the dovetail where is it at on the receiver?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Looks to be missing from that expensive print.

red arrow approx spot.

In looking for this feature, i noticed an error in the print. It shows the back of the bolt flap pocket as square. This is going to have about a 5 degree angle. It must mate perfectly with the bolt flap that is cut at 3 degrees, IIRC. Then do the trig on the flap offset to get this angle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts