1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a transferable RPG-7 (not a pre-sample). Or is it possible to reweld one of the demilled examples?

I’m in the market for one to add to the collection.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
demilled RPGs, mortars etc.... can be form 1 as a DD, if your state has no law forbidden you to have one. as long as the right metal is used and the welder knows what he is doing, to patch the hole up, then yes, it can be made to be "active" again. then you have to remove the welded round bar that goes from the firing pin hole to the top from the inside the tube and re-drill the hole to install the firing pin

they do that kind of patching for demilled mortars

the problem becomes where are you going to get the training rockets? the non-explosive types.

I have a de-milled RPG and thought about making it functional. but then reality set in really fast........... where am I going to get the rockets? and the bigger question was where am going to fire it?

so it's just hanging on the wall in my den and has been there for the past 20 years :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply slowfire. I’m confident that I’ll never shoot a 7, but the demilled examples just don’t do it for me. I’d like to own a true example of an unmolested rpg.

Years ago “auto weapons” had a transferable para rpg, from Egypt if I recall correctly. Anyone know if there are more like it floating around, non-presamples.

-Doug

·
BeltFed GURU
4,411 Posts
Guy`s ,
A member on another forum form 1`ed DD a Panzerfaust 60 ,made his own "spigot" and plastic printed the nose cone then with a test chair mount :LOL: figured out the BP launch charge of an original and sucessussfully launched at least 3 from the chair mount 100 Yd.+ !! Rather impressive job he did using all original fire control parts and i believe a 209 primer to initiate the launch . Do not know if he got to actual hand held launching them but he made it work , Too Cool !!

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Wouldn't you get a face full of Burnt powder..?

I'm sure the Movie RPG's are a bit different than the real deal...No clue but curious.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,411 Posts
Surprisingly not from the vid chair tests here is a link to his most recent live hand held tests and the chair tests at the start

Here is his first vid

·
Registered
118 Posts
A real fun legal compromise are those rpg-7 training launchers that shoots 7.62 tracer rounds.. When you stand behind this the tracer really behaves like an RPG round... But no back blast.. :) Vega Ballistics sold the kit in the second youtube.

Also this is a really fun airsoft version (Heck its a toy)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks for the reply slowfire. I’m confident that I’ll never shoot a 7, but the demilled examples just don’t do it for me. I’d like to own a true example of an unmolested rpg.

if you're never going to fire one, then why do you want a "live" one? unless you have so much money laying around that you don't know what to do with it, then by all means buy one and pay the 200 bucks to have it transferred to you on a form 4.

you really can't tell the difference between a de-milled RPG from a "live" one. the hole that is drilled into the tube is covered by by the heat shield so it's not even seen

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
A real fun legal compromise are those rpg-7 training launchers that shoots 7.62 tracer rounds.. When you stand behind this the tracer really behaves like an RPG round... But no back blast..
when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart, way back when, the post TASC did something very similar to expended L.A.W. tubes for a very cost effective (cheap) way for a bunch of soldiers to practice sight in and shooting a L.A.W.

what they did was to permanently extend the tube, then inserted a 66mm diameter aluminum round stock that was sleeved with a 9mm steel barrel, where a 9mm tracer round could be chamber from the rear, the firing pin was configured in a swing down steel rear plate and when closed you hooked it up to the trigger bar, so when the soldier put in ARMED and pressed down on the trigger bar it fired the round, and everybody could see the round going downrange.......I thought that was a pretty nifty training device. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart, way back when, the post TASC did something very similar to expended L.A.W. tubes for a very cost effective (cheap) way for a bunch of soldiers to practice sight in and shooting a L.A.W.

what they did was to permanently extend the tube, then inserted a 66mm diameter aluminum round stock that was sleeved with a 9mm steel barrel, where a 9mm tracer round could be chamber from the rear, the firing pin was configured in a swing down steel rear plate and when closed you hooked it up to the trigger bar, so when the soldier put in ARMED and pressed down on the trigger bar it fired the round, and everybody could see the round going downrange.......I thought that was a pretty nifty training device. :)
I have seen those, I dream of finding one.. thanks for sharing

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you're never going to fire one, then why do you want a "live" one? unless you have so much money laying around that you don't know what to do with it, then by all means buy one and pay the 200 bucks to have it transferred to you on a form 4.

you really can't tell the difference between a de-milled RPG from a "live" one. the hole that is drilled into the tube is covered by by the heat shield so it's not even seen
Oh I’ve seen how they are demilled. You know someday, someone will come up with a training rocket with al the thrills of shooting a live one but without the bang at the end. Guess I’ll be ready for that day ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts

Those were standardized training devices. As are subcaliber AT-4 training devices. AT-4 subcal trainers also have a 9mm barrel and very simple single shot receiver fixed inside the tube. I’ve never seen either for sale, but I know the AT-4 subcal trainers are handled by the Army as firearms, and are subject to the same physical security and inventory requirements. Combined with the very low numbers produced, I see why they are rare in the wild.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I’ve never seen either for sale, but I know the AT-4 subcal trainers are handled by the Army as firearms, and are subject to the same physical security and inventory requirements.
You must have been a supply guy.......nobody but loggies use the words physical security and inventory together.

I remember those trainers, Ive been trying to come up with a similar concept for a demilled Spanish bazooka but Im just not smart enough to actually design it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I shoot a Japanese knee mortar using black powder, but don't think I want to do it with my RPG-7.
I have thought long and hard about Form 1'ing it, but there really isn't anything I could do with it once papered.
Everything except the tube is all matching from an unfired bringback from Iraq.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You must have been a supply guy.......nobody but loggies use the words physical security and inventory together.

I remember those trainers, Ive been trying to come up with a similar concept for a demilled Spanish bazooka but Im just not smart enough to actually design it.
Not a loggie, just good at accounting for my stuff. Always cleared my hand receipts and property books without any problems- sometimes despite the loggies best efforts to screw it up. I don’t want to give any more of my paycheck to Uncle than I have to. And I’d rather use my time for something other than looking for lost ****. Better to keep track of it in the first place.

I have some photos of the breech end of the subcal AT-4, but there isn’t much to see. It’s a removable breech block you snap the 9mm tracer onto then insert into a chamber. The rest of the breech end is sealed and the muzzle end is mostly sealed as well. Need to find a TASC guy or armorer that has had one apart to know how it is assembled. I agree, it’d be fun to put something like that together.

·
Registered
483 Posts
There was a guy at knob creek selling a new made rocket kit for use with the RPG 2 last time I went. Unfortunately i dont remember much about it but he was manufacturing them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Auto Weapons had one a couple of years ago; it was the 2 piece paratroop version - they were asking $23K for it.
They had a rather modest Knee Mortar listed for $3000 at the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts