1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a video I took this past weekend at an action shoot near Pittsburgh. There were 5 bays of fun. The video opens with me shooting a transferable FNC, a gun I had never even heard of. A nice guy brought it to share that day. At about 9:20 I start messing around with the 1919a4 on the 100 yard range. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/jesvUqHU4Zk

My gun is a 308 John Maguire semi build with an Ohioblacksheep crank. I'm using an Izy 1919a6 butt stock, bipod, and carry handle. The can mount under the gun is my own home made copy of a similar design I saw online. I still need to fab a link catch for it to feed them into the can but I was in such a hurry to try it out this past weekend I couldn't wait!

How does the rate of fire of the crank trigger sound?

The last video is the only good one I got at Saturday night's shoot. I was using a post sample HK factory UMP45 with a 2 shot lower to clear a bay that mimicked clearing rooms down a hallway.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I'd guesstimate you're running ~ 600 rpm when the crank is running smoothest and at it's best. That's ~ all you'll get -- running f/a or with a crank, before you overrun the mechanics. Nice video, it's always nice to see folks getting out despite the weather.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm always questioning if the gun is working right since the rate of fire seems kind of "choppy" but its sure hard to work the trigger while shooting the gun off of a bipod.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That was the most entertaining shot I've seen in a while. You have my respect and my ear when you say something because you walk the walk! Bravo!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha, well I certainly appreciate that! Just because I can run guns makes me no expert though! I'm a trigger puller first, amorer/smith second lol.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,411 Posts
I just PM`ed him asking for a closer look at the box and attachment to the gun it is a Very Cool design !!

He was here just yesterday hopefully he will let us in on the secret :cool:.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't take credit for the design, I saw it somewhere else online for sale, and I have a very well equipped garage so I just fabricated my own. Sorry, no drawings or anything, just some more pictures. The original design I copied also had a small chute to capture links coming out of the right side of the gun and a divider inside the can to separate the links and fresh ammo, which I still need to fabricate.

Kind of funny, the piece that bolts into the rear is the crank fire drilling jig from ohioblacksheep and I found a way to recycle it!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,411 Posts
Very Cool Thank you for sharing the pictures of your design i have one of the OBS jigs now all i need is an empty 30 cal can to make one too :thumbup: !!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,411 Posts
Wondered how you dealt with the pintle pads but i see you tapered the angle iron so it fits "tight" at the bottom plate junction :cool: !! I collected all the pics into a file ,hope you do not mind .;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts