1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A gift for you while you're waitin in Pendleton.

Its gotta be chilly there on the East side of OR.

Get you some of this.......

Hopefully we will meet tomorrow on your return trip...or perhaps I'll catch Russ @ the airport in Portland b4 He leaves.

Cheers my Friends

Dan in Oregon

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
That does look like a great way to quench a cold thirst! It's a balmy 38 outside, so not too bad. After driving through the mountains, Friday, in 30-32 degree temps, dreading the thought of stopping to put chains on, this seems toasty! Still, unless we decide to go find dinner somewhere, it's more appealing to stay in the hotel room than walk around town!

Looking forward to catching up with you tomorrow, Dan!

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Great idea Dan :D if I can get Nancy to put his man panties on and brave the cold there is a pub across the street. I look forward to meeting tomorrow.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hey, I know those guys! ;)

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...another one..?

Dosen't get much better when the weather is bad and you are having a drink with a good friend. Drink up,guy's....

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Tell me I'm wrong and that those wear spots are from heels? Then it's all good. :D
You dont want to see either of them in heels, or dancing on the bar, it would be like Gorillas in the mist meets strip club from hell.:rofl:

Although after seeing guys jam money in some girls undies in strip clubs off post they might make a few bucks....

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
If those are wear marks from heels, then that bottle has the best seat in the whole bar. :rofl::rofl:

Great to see you're having fun. :D

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
Wow! That's one heck of a "SELFIE" :D

Rollin looks like he's not sure he wants the shot, and Russ looks just plain tired. :tongue:

Not even gonna ask about the "man-panties" :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I found an earlier photo of those two before they started the national tour. Amazing what lack of sleep, whiskey, and failure to shave can do in such a short period.

Obama-emanuel-610x406.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Well the trip has been long but not THAT long lol. The pub was called the Rainbow lounge and we were a bit hesitant to enter at first being it was a cowboy themed pub we were just hoping it wasn't featured in "Broke back mountain" but the barkeep was a hoot and a gun gal, dinner was great and after a beer and a sip of that Pendleton rye Dan recommended we both slept well if nothing else. Hopefully one more stop today and then I catch the red eye back home late tonight so I can get back to reality. It has been a great trip with lots of cool finds and great time spent with board members and I can't think of a better travel partner than Dolf and Lucky13 except for the fact that we look for the same stuff but both our mothers bought us the book "Big Bird can share" so it all works out in the end :tongue:

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
If indeed those were heel marks, we missed the performance. I promise you we didn't drink enough of that Rye to be hoofing on the bar top, and that neither of us is wearing heels. :eek: But the barkeep was our entertainment for the evening, as she was a character. The kitchen was close to closing when we arrived, and the menu limited at that point. Still, she said don't worry about the cook, order what you want and she will make sure he gets the job done. Then she was kind enough to take our pic so we could have a little fun back at Dan, and of course so you guys could all give us some well deserved grief. But we do get the last laugh. If you all could have gotten into the places we have on this trip, believe me you wouldn't mind taking a little good natured flak over a picture in an old, western saloon! :D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
Not to hijack the thread - sorry if you are offended. But your comments [Rollin] reminded me of a trip we did in 2004 out to Sturgis on the bikes. A good friend kinda got caught teasing a local fella involved in the saloon entertainment, and we got him in a before and after pic. You can see the humor there I think. Around the table was our riding group - a bunch of iron-butt yokels from the Midwest just havin' a good time at the saloon.....

Sounds like a nice trip for all involved. Congrats!

Imgp1325.jpg Imgp1326.jpg Imgp1333.jpg

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
All is good, here, Terry. Will have to look at your pics when I get on a larger screen than my phone here, but if we can't have some fun messing with each other around here, it's gonna get awfully dull!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts