1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this belt loader that's listed on Gunbroker. Seller says it is Russian, was made in 1975 and he loaded about 8 rounds in a cloth belt. Says its good for .308 and 8mm but 30.06 is too long. Thanks for the input. Chair Table Camera accessory Creative arts Automotive exterior Rectangle Composite material Auto part Plastic Engineering

·
Registered
703 Posts
Russian PKM Loader will work with SG43 AND PKM Belts work in a 1910 Maxim 762X54 Not 30/06. I think .

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well, I guess you could try any type of belts, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that only the PKM type will work in the loader. The cog to advance the belt only works one way for the PKM type belts. I will say that I tried loading 8mm and 308 in one of mine and the loader jammed up. It is made for 54R. NOTE - the Finnish belts will NOT work in this type of loader. There is a different loader for those. Also - before buying into the sellers line - go look over on ebay - lots of PKM loaders for sale there, and sellers will often negotiate since there are so many. The PKM belts will work in a 54R Vickers conversion. Pretty sure they will not work in a 1919 . But - maybe someone figured out a way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Seller is on BS calling it a 1919a4 loader. I was not aware so that's why I posted here. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I use mine with 54r and pkm belts, works perfect! As for the cloth belts, I think it would be a stretch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts