1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great pictures, and very fun looking!

That PPsh41 mount looks fun, love it!

The weight of that brass Sokolov and water cooled Maxim with two cans of ammo is going to put a strain on that 3hp engine, you get in trouble you're gonna want to fire as much brass as possible to lighten your weight! lol.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The sidecar bike shown is the IMZ-Ural built by the Russians and it is a direct copy of the German BMW R75 powered sidecar motorcycle, admired and needed by the Russians. The "Urals", as they became know due to the plant being moved into the Ural mountains for protection from the Germans, had similar motor specifications to the BMW. Power was in the 25 hp range, adequate for transporting up to half a ton of rider and gear due to the low and multi-greared transmission gearbox. These bikes were extremely useful and successful for the Russians. FWIW

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Great picture and nice side bar info.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice, there is a guy where I work that drives a Ural with sidecar into work everyday. The kicker is he only does it during the cold months. I seen him one morning 2 years ago driving it when it was at least 15 below outside. I know it was that cold because my truck geled up and I had to let it sit for 10 minutes before I could limp it home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts