1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up over the weekend at the Show of Shows in Louisville. An accessory I had not really bothered to look for since I had been told I would never find one.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Very nice condition, do not believe it when people say you will never find something. I say if you are patient it will eventually come around (just might be expensive). Sometimes I don't see something for a few years and then all of a sudden you see two or three.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice condition, do not believe it when people say you will never find something. I say if you are patient it will eventually come around (just might be expensive). Sometimes I don't see something for a few years and then all of a sudden you see two or three.
Thanks. A friend said he was bringing me a surprise to the show and he really surprised me with this.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Kirby, That is frickin' beautiful!!!
Love the patina it has. I never knew they even existed.
Yes, good things come to those who wait. :D
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kirby, That is frickin' beautiful!!!
Love the patina it has. I never knew they even existed.
Yes, good things come to those who wait. :D
CaptMax
Thanks. I have been told by some Russian friends these are hard to find there in a non dug condition.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Plumbers chain is still available in several sizes should you need any more links to put that back the way it should be for use. My local mom and pop hardware helped me out when I needed to replace the missing retainer chain on my WW1 steam chest.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plumbers chain is still available in several sizes should you need any more links to put that back the way it should be for use. My local mom and pop hardware helped me out when I needed to replace the missing retainer chain on my WW1 steam chest.
Thanks for the tip. I believe I will have enough with links I have on a couple of extra jacket plugs.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going through my collection of M1910 photos found this one showing a number of them on a work bench with the muzzle covers installed.

Good detail of a one piece cleaning rod as well.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Also a nice picture of the spade grip removal tool in the foreground, too.

--fjruple

PS-- I would love to get one of those muzzle covers.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Also a nice picture of the spade grip removal tool in the foreground, too.

--fjruple

PS-- I would love to get one of those muzzle covers.
Appears these would be locally manufactured.

Fig. 71. The device (puller) to separate the fore-end:

1 - semicircular base; 2 - the lever; 2a - the curved end

It has a semi-circular base 1 prikreplennoe two rivets to the lever 2. On the short arm of the lever 2 has a bent end 2a is inserted under the ledge at the fore-end of his office. 35-45 is used to manufacture steel lever device for the manufacture of semi-circular base - 20, copper or steel.

The device is made by means of the regimental artillery workshop. The surface of the device for protection against rust blued do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts