1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, any of the Oregon Contingent gonna make it down to the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club next weekend? I have a table again this year, courtesy of Halo Mfg. Not sure of what all I will have out, but probably the high speed Browning again, but in 30-06 rather than 8mm this time. Will have the post samples out: UK vz 59, the H&R M14, probably an AR/M16 variant of some sort and hopefully my M92 Krinkov 7.62 x 39 as well.

Hope to see some of you guys down here!

Poster Font Advertising Flyer

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Wish I could make Rollin but maybe next year? It sure as heck will be better than our shoots here!

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Get a good video of your H&R if possible Rollin - I have a fondness for those rifles.

(Must be a leftover love affair from Ft. Benning GA - 1968...) ;)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I 'm thinking of takin the bait Rollin..

I'll get back to you by Thursday.

Russ will kick my ass if I don't make it...or shred my parts:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
I 'm thinking of takin the bait Rollin..

I'll get back to you by Thursday.

Russ will kick my ass if I don't make it...or shred my parts:eek:
Somebody from this board needs to be there to torment him :tongue:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I wanted to go but was so broke I couldn't even pay attention, let alone rentals and all the other good stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Somebody from this board needs to be there to torment him :tongue:
...I was there and did just that, Toolman. Poor bugger was loading as fast as his fingers would take him and I wasted his time with stupid questions. Well, the questions were good, but the noise ( several 50's ) made my earmuffs shut off and on and sounded like Rollin had a real bad stutter. He did have a very interesting rifle/machine gun. Chech I think. VZ 59 ? Wanted to shoot it but I got lost in the crowd. I did get to shoot a grease gun, something I've longed to do for years. Not what I expected. Cheap and not very accurate. And I saw a guy empty a PPSH at the target, then take a coupla hot brass nuggets down his collar. He commenced to digging and dancing. That was an unexpected treat. So that's how Russians learned to boogy ?
...But I got to meet the guy who screwed me ( sold me Browning screws you can't get anywhere else ) and sold me that hat. Next year I'll come prepared and get there early. This driving up and arrive at noon stuff didn't work out. Everybody else got their first. I recommend the shoot, but bring muffs and plugs. You don't want to lose whatever you got left. DD

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...I was there and did just that, Toolman. Poor bugger was loading as fast as his fingers would take him and I wasted his time with stupid questions. Well, the questions were good, but the noise ( several 50's ) made my earmuffs shut off and on and sounded like Rollin had a real bad stutter. He did have a very interesting rifle/machine gun. Chech I think. VZ 59 ? Wanted to shoot it but I got lost in the crowd. I did get to shoot a grease gun, something I've longed to do for years. Not what I expected. Cheap and not very accurate. And I saw a guy empty a PPSH at the target, then take a coupla hot brass nuggets down his collar. He commenced to digging and dancing. That was an unexpected treat. So that's how Russians learned to boogy ?
...But I got to meet the guy who screwed me ( sold me Browning screws you can't get anywhere else ) and sold me that hat. Next year I'll come prepared and get there early. This driving up and arrive at noon stuff didn't work out. Everybody else got their first. I recommend the shoot, but bring muffs and plugs. You don't want to lose whatever you got left. DD
Dave, I was really glad to meet you at last. I apologize for being so distracted by all the carnival atmosphere, and being a vendor there is demanding on my perpetually scattered brain. I need to get down to your neck of the woods and visit in a more calm environment. We really need to swap more motorcycle stories and maybe burn some ammo. I am sorry we didn't get more time, and I would have gladly spotted you some rounds on the Czech UK vz 59, the M14 or the Browning. Great research you accomplished on the Russian soldiers and the genesis of their dancing ability, by the way. You never know when or where you will stumble on that critical, missing link of evidence that finally proves how a cultural phenomenon like that originates!

So now you know the face that goes with the name of the clown that sold you a few good screws, and then capped you to boot. Not to forget that, nearly ten years ago, I was also helping you out with a "top cover" and, I think, with your "sight!"

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucky#13 thanks for letting me shoot your m14 and 59:D
Great to see you at the event again. Very glad you made it down. That UK is a blast, isn't it? Not to mention the M14. That shoots sweet with the braked 16" barrel. Tempted as I am to restore it to stock, it just runs so well as it is.

I wanted to go but was so broke I couldn't even pay attention, let alone rentals and all the other good stuff. :rolleyes:
Well, we missed you again, buddy. I understand "broke" all too well. Hope things are better next year, or we can find another opportunity to get together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts