1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few of these leftover from the group buy.
$12 + shipping.
First Class mail=$1
Priority Mail=$4.00

If You bought a Izzy (.308) kit, You need one of these in order to re-attach the safety bar.
On the left, one of my new screws. On the right, the remains of a factory rivet.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Screws

7.62x39,

A quick question for you. One of my Safety Bars Screw Hole is very tight on the new screw and I was wondering how tight these normally are? I sure don't want it "flopping" around, but tight enough to hold itself in place.

Just to let you know, even if I have to hone out the screw hole ever so slightly, in the safety lever, the new SCREWS are perfect. I realize this safety lever is a 60+ year old part and the tolerances of the hole may differ a little from the original rivet, and I also realize that the rivet you measured may be slightly different than the rivet that was placed in my Safety Lever. In addition, the hole in my Safety Lever MAY be out of tolerance. This is NOT an indication that you fabricated the shoulder on your Screw wrong. I anticipated this possibly could be the case and I have no problem "tweaking" my hole for the Screw to fit properly and get the friction fit I like! Just wanted to make sure we were straight when answering my questions. LMAO!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I used for reference was what I dug up on the net, which matched the original rivet sample I had, along with my own safety bar.

I'm glad to hear that if there is a discrepancy, it's on the slightly large side, which is easily fixed, as you mentioned, by tweaking your safety bar.

Your's is the first I've heard of any type of fit issues with them.
All the feedback I have received on them was very positive.:)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
7.62x39,

I was being funny, and there is no problem with the screw. I had rather have small hole than a large hole, LOL! The screws are great and I highly recommend them. Hey, I have a defective Safetly Lever!

Now on my second Safety Lever, the screw fit is very nice! My intent is make the lever hole just loose enough that I can move it by hand and it will stay in place. This is what the second lever feels like it will do when installed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm Back.

I replied to the PMs, emails and posters that I received while I was gone, in the order they were received.
I received more inquiries than I have screws remaining.
If I don't hear back from any of the first 5, in a couple of days, I will continue working down the list in order.

If you received a PM from me today, you are one of the first 5, Please reply ASAP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can someone post a pic of the safety bar...

and where the bar and screws go. I have that ppiece left over from my pending build and would like to get it installed but have not yet found out where it belongs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Riss said:
and where the bar and screws go. I have that ppiece left over from my pending build and would like to get it installed but have not yet found out where it belongs.
Here's a pic from liberator's site

1 - 17 of 17 Posts