1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I am fully licensed and understand all applicable laws

The question I have is does anyone have specification for the auto sear on a saiga 12 or do you know who I could speak about building the custom auto sear it will takes for a conversion?

This is not a question of how do I convert a gun.

Thanks in advance!
Feel free to PM me if you prefer to discuss privately.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,243 Posts
The Saiga uses a standard AK semi trigger group either single hook or double hook so it stands to reason that a standard AK auto pack will work in it ,the only real difference is the gas system and caliber .

·
Registered
561 Posts
The sear needs reshaped for proper timing and clearance. Whos FA design are you using? Some I have seen are FA only conversions. My conversion is an actual select fire type..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little additional info. This of course is a project that since I can’t go the range was moved up on my project list.

Regarding the design.. I do not have one, hahaha. I honestly thought I could figure it out based on my knowledge of AK.
As I studied the gun I realize that is not the case and this is more involved

So a little more info. (I will add some photos tomorrow when I get in front of the gun again)

I am starting with a Saiga 12 that was “sporterized“, first I will need to move the fire control to the standard AK location (no issue). The issue I saw when looking at the gun was that it currently has a bar / the ejector that looks like it will interfere with where the standard trip is to be installed. I then call a friend who has a post sample and he said it takes a custom sear but he had not built the gun so could not give me more info.
So I ended up here

***Jared I will PM to get some more info about your design tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts