1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all in all it was a decent show but nowhere close to what the SAR West show is like. I did enjoy meeting a few new members and helping one out which is always the best part for me. I only spent 100.00 bucks but managed to spend about a thousand dollars of other members money which is always fun :D Loved seeing Amish bob and ABCB, Tank track and a few others and hanging with Gulf State Guard (thanks for driving), and really enjoyed the part where a very large German Shepard went after his sausage :eek: that is a story for another day.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Toolman,
Was very nice to meet you and Tank Track at the show. I didnt buy much either but really enjoyed the show overall. Did more talking than anything and actually learned quite a bit from some of the long time dealers and collectors. Lots of great stories too! There wasnt a huge amount of MG stuff but it was enough to make it interesting. I am only an hour away so its worth the drive no matter what. Dan

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Tooolman, It was great to see you again, as usual! I also had fun meeting some of the guys. I didn't find much but got a few trinkets.

No, SAR East has never been anything like SAR West but it was a more interesting gun show than we have normally. I'd like it if it evolved into a SAR West type of show but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to see the show take up a couple rooms up there at the complex. Time will tell.....

Amish-bob

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i zoomed around all the tables fast as i could move this morning. bought some ammo and bounced.

lot of good prices on C&R guns , almost bit at a few I've been after but they had to have been reblued.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Was a nice day visiting, finally meeting a number of guys I have bought, traded with and sold stuff to over the years. Must have met up with close to 10 board members. Sorry I missed you Thompsongunner. Only wound up buying some ammo, and looking at all the nice things for sale. Never enough money for all the nice toys.

As for the Shepard......:rofl:

·
Registered
146 Posts
It was a good show, managed to not go completely broke and bought some 54r at a good price from a forum members table.

Coltman15
Doug

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
East SAR show

Hi folks--
Sorry I did not get too meet every one. I thought it was a great show. Saw some very interesting stuff. One exhibitor had an outstanding collection of Thompson SMGs. Another exhibitor has a M1917a1 mount with extended legs like a AAA mount. Some prototype AR15 rifles. I saw some original M37 barrel extensions for $75.00.
I met Debbie from SAR magazine and thanked her for SAR magazine for sending free copies to us in Iraq. I always had to fight to get a copy first before they disappeared. Great all around show.

--fjruple

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
The extended legs 17a1 was Tanktracks table

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Toolman,
Was very nice to meet you and Tank Track at the show. I didnt buy much either but really enjoyed the show overall. Did more talking than anything and actually learned quite a bit from some of the long time dealers and collectors. Lots of great stories too! There wasnt a huge amount of MG stuff but it was enough to make it interesting. I am only an hour away so its worth the drive no matter what. Dan
Very nice meeting you also Thompsongunner I look forward to future meets so we can chat more. Russ

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I like to hear more about the prototype ars any pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ali059--

Unfortunately I did not bring my camera and reading glasses into the show to take pictures and look for details. (Its a *itch getting old) The one AR prototype that stuck out looked like Serial #000005. Another prototype was one of M16 Disspenator (sic) Carbines. Its tough to say if they were original or replicas. I have seen several replica prototype ARs over on AR15.com that could easily pass as real.

--fjruple

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
It was very nice meeting a few of you at the show! I went Friday and Saturday morning. Then I went down to the Antique Arms and Armor Show outside Baltimore. The show was good but smaller than I wish. Seems half the size it was last year and that was half the size it was back when it was at the other location. I missed having a lot of the larger dealers. No OOW....etc. US Armament Corp was one of the bigger outfits there.

Here was my haul from the shows. Bottom left, I bought out one guys Maxim parts. 2 firing pins and a bunch of firing pin springs that I really needed. Real nice MP44 hand guard I bought to resell. Some Uzi Mags, a Colt M16 Bolt and Charging handle, carry handle... KAC Front sight... Some good prices on some, others at just below market rate. The best deal was probably at the Antique show where I can up to a table with the two Edgewater Buffers for the M16 on the bottom right of the picture. Guys said $10 each or both for $15... I think I will make some money on the second one as I will keep the one for my gun! Also bought a crappy K98 stock there to cut up.

As you can see I have a fairly new M16 that I am stocking up for. My friend managed to get a 1919a4 Extractor for $15... which might have been the second best deal of the day!

SAREAST2016.jpg

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
It was very nice meeting a few of you at the show! I went Friday and Saturday morning. Then I went down to the Antique Arms and Armor Show outside Baltimore. The show was good but smaller than I wish. Seems half the size it was last year and that was half the size it was back when it was at the other location. I missed having a lot of the larger dealers. No OOW....etc. US Armament Corp was one of the bigger outfits there.

Here was my haul from the shows. Bottom left, I bought out one guys Maxim parts. 2 firing pins and a bunch of firing pin springs that I really needed. Real nice MP44 hand guard I bought to resell. Some Uzi Mags, a Colt M16 Bolt and Charging handle, carry handle... KAC Front sight... Some good prices on some, others at just below market rate. The best deal was probably at the Antique show where I can up to a table with the two Edgewater Buffers for the M16 on the bottom right of the picture. Guys said $10 each or both for $15... I think I will make some money on the second one as I will keep the one for my gun! Also bought a crappy K98 stock there to cut up.

As you can see I have a fairly new M16 that I am stocking up for. My friend managed to get a 1919a4 Extractor for $15... which might have been the second best deal of the day!

View attachment 16298
Nice haul Matt, looks like you found some deals. Let me know if the Mp44 hand guard is COS marked and what you want for it if it is.
Thanks, CaptMax

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Not a word about the 8mm A-4 barrels?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I saw a few on the farthest in table across from Gene's table.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts