1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got an email from Small Arms Review.

It's on! Who's going?

I am!
Is this from Dan and SAR staff and/or CROSSROADS OF THE WEST folks? COVID cases are spiking again in the metro Phoenix area so I truly hope this does not impact the show! I look forward to SAR each year! Hope it happens!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got off the phone with a friend that owns a shop in Scottsdale. He usually has over 11 tables at this show. The promoter called him yesterday and told him that logistically they are still struggling on how to pull the show off. Masks, and distancing would be mandatory. They are possibly requiring the entire show
to be staged in the parking lot and forcing vendors to pay extra for tents. This is a major turn off to most vendors as it poses a security risk. At this point, due to low inventory and forcing the show outside... he’s passing. Who knows?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Driving down from Iowa to deliver a hood for a 1968 Olds 442 to a high school buddy in Tucson and trying to time it out so I can make the SAR show that weekend. Never worked out that I could attend any of the Knob Creek weekends so really hope that this may work out. I'll keep track of this thread to check on the current status of the SAR show.

·
Registered
85 Posts
can you imagine how serious it will be if B&H win?!
prices through the roof!
Yea, that would really suck on every level! Pretty sure it's not gonna happen. However, with COVID cases on the rise again in AZ and the show only being 5 weeks away, they need to make a decision relatively soon. I'm planning on it being cancelled. At least it will save me a bunch of money!! $$$$$$!!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
I am still planning on the show going forward. Can't defy that damned Optimist gene I am cursed with. So don't you guys keep raining on my parade!!!! 😬

Reactions: anna and Rory

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Well it would save me a 7000 mile drive which sucks but I try to look at the bright side because half the trip is time spent with Dolf and other friends here. With the news of the new Vickers book not coming out until January it certainly puts a damper on the trip.

Reactions: Lucky#13

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
I'm going no matter what! If it gets cancelled I'll still go in protest. :ROFLMAO: :cautious:
Well if they cancel maybe we will do our own Flat Iron shoot this year and I can get Dolf to bring the Hotchkiss revolving cannon but it is just a touch bigger and heavier than the 1892 Gatling gun you and I had to contend with last year so we would need a few more guys.

·
11,677 Posts
Well it would save me a 7000 mile drive which sucks but I try to look at the bright side because half the trip is time spent with Dolf and other friends here. With the news of the new Vickers book not coming out until January it certainly puts a damper on the trip.
didn't see that this was going to be delayed. :(

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I saw this posted on "Machine Gun Boards" by Frank Iannamico.
He writes for SAR, said Debbie told him this.

"The State has given permission for the SAR West show to take place Dec 4-6! "

I also checked and AZ has no travel restrictions for travelers from out of state.
New Mexico does, so don't plan on stopping there.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
I saw this posted on "Machine Gun Boards" by Frank Iannamico.
He writes for SAR, said Debbie told him this.

"The State has given permission for the SAR West show to take place Dec 4-6! "

I also checked and AZ has no travel restrictions for travelers from out of state.
New Mexico does, so don't plan on stopping there.

Richard
Bummer it looks like no stop at Michael's this year to play with Pancho's gun

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well if they cancel maybe we will do our own Flat Iron shoot this year and I can get Dolf to bring the Hotchkiss revolving cannon but it is just a touch bigger and heavier than the 1892 Gatling gun you and I had to contend with last year so we would need a few more guys.
Jesus, I thought the only thing heavier than that Gatling gun would be an artillery piece! Now I know why they were always mounted in wagons and never placed on the ground! :giggle:

Still, a beautiful beast.

Arizona is open for business. Our governor is/has been a small business owner. His wife (before they met) was a hair salon owner/small business owner. If it benefits businesses, the governor is doing his best to keep things as open as is realistically possible. The Crossroads shows bring a lot of business to Phoenix.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Update on the SAR show. They are calling vendors saying that the SAR show has been moved outdoors, and everyone will be in 10 by 10 tents in the parking lot (4 tables to a tent). While I think that may work for some, I doubt many vendors will want high $ items left outside overnight.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Four tables under a 10 x 10 tent and prob'ly distancing between tents X number of venders and all in the parking lots = how many spaces left for us to park ?
Chris

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
I heard about the tents last night and after talking to Dolf I am pretty sure we will not be there. Without his book coming out until January (Thanks Dan) it is not worth going for him and I am glad because in his health a large public event is the last place he needs to be during the pandemic. I will miss you guys this year and really enjoy the trip and visiting with everyone there, at the flat iron shoot and of course the party on Saturday. Maybe next year if Dolf is up to it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just heard the Shoot was semi cancelled. Range will be open but nothing hosted and no house visits. Curt Wolf pulled out along with Dennis Todd and a few others.

Parking will be a big issue if no one can be in the buildings.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts