1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Four tables under a 10 x 10 tent and prob'ly distancing between tents X number of venders and all in the parking lots = how many spaces left for us to park ?
Chris
I think it's going to depend, for the SAR aspect if it's in the parking area directly outside the building (that has been historically fenced off) then I think it would have space. But what about all the crossroad show's buildings? That could easily take up the parking directly in front of the main entrance. There's always the back lots for parking too.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Lots of parking near the main gate of the fairgrounds.
Its just a walk to where the show will be.

APEX Gun Parts is still planning on attending.
However, I won't be with the people that go.
Too much going on at APEX for me to be away.

Richard

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Anyone have any idea if (A) will the tram carts be running or no ? and (B) will the food / drink stands be open or no ?
Chris

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I’m not going either.
Ma baby’s momma got the COVID.
So, boy is not going there for the holidays.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Just heard the Shoot was semi cancelled. Range will be open but nothing hosted and no house visits. Curt Wolf pulled out along with Dennis Todd and a few others.

Parking will be a big issue if no one can be in the buildings.
It sounds like the show will be a bust this year and I am ready to chalk 2020 up to a total loss. Let's hope things get better for the Spring creek.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Well, Tulsa cancelled, and the Tulsa show makes the SAR show look like a garage sale (Tulsa is more than 4,000 tables!)

What sucks about the Tulsa show is that they cancelled on the 9th... and the show is on the 14th-15th! I'd be PISSED if I had travel and lodging plans to attend.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
That sucks and I agree someone was likely already traveling or at minimum had everything loaded..
I agree it stinks for those of us that start getting ready well in advance. I was half packed for this years Spring Creek so I guess I will be WELL in advance for the Spring Creek in 2021 lol

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I was planning on going but think I'll pull the plug, Too much going on here with the 7.62x39 conversions.

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving ,hope and pray to see ya all in the spring.

Troy

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I am starting to think the better question about SAR is WHO IS going?
A week after Thanksgiving, all those family get together's, I imagine the COVID curve is going to be quite steep!
We have to travel thru NM and they not receptive to out of state visitors at this time.

Richard

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am starting to think the better question about SAR is WHO IS going?
A week after Thanksgiving, all those family get together's, I imagine the COVID curve is going to be quite steep!
We have to travel thru NM and they not receptive to out of state visitors at this time.

Richard
Are Jeff and you still planning to be there or reconsidering?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Are Jeff and you still planning to be there or reconsidering?
APEX is / was planning on attending.
I am not going, and Jeff is having second thoughts.
We have a LOT going on at the business, tough for anyone to be gone.
Good chance that anyone attending won't be back in the building at work for a week or so after returning.
I am short 2 right now due to out of state travel.

Richard

·
Registered
85 Posts
APEX is / was planning on attending.
I am not going, and Jeff is having second thoughts.
We have a LOT going on at the business, tough for anyone to be gone.
Good chance that anyone attending won't be back in the building at work for a week or so after returning.
I am short 2 right now due to out of state travel.

Richard
Well, hope it still goes and you guys make it! Always enjoy catching up with Jeff and you and giving you some of my money! LOL!

Safe travels regardless and hope all is well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update on the SAR show. They are calling vendors saying that the SAR show has been moved outdoors, and everyone will be in 10 by 10 tents in the parking lot (4 tables to a tent). While I think that may work for some, I doubt many vendors will want high $ items left outside overnight.
...Hmm? If the tables are 30" X 96" , then 4 tables in a tent takes up 10' across and 8' deep. 2' X 10 ' left for standing or viewing. Couldn't see or reach the goods in the back.
..I could be wrong on the table size, just going by memory. Beltrings' flea market has tents and does not have an exhibit building. And the tents are much bigger than 10'X10'. And it's a Royal pain to go into tent after tent looking for stuff. Hard to remember where you saw something and find it again. I was there for 3 days in July, 2006. Hotter than the Mojave desert. Could hardly visit Kitchners pavilion enough ( Dat's duh Pub ).

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I figured they'd be circled like wagons with the venders in the center . You would be out in the sun looking in . There would be space between the tents for our social distancing .
Anyone know for sure ?
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
...The only way this'll possibly work is if the Vendors hide underneath the tables and crawl out if somebody wants something. That oughta scare the pee wadding out of a bunch of old guys , especially the kind that gotta put their hands on everything. Hard on the Vendors, though. All those tents will look like a homeless village.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts