1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take it Sarco has the only correct BAR legs for a WW2 1919a6, unless you hit the local gunshows-opps forgot this is Kandiforya(Cali).

Will someone repo them someday(bipod legs):D

simon

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,165 Posts
Are you sure that even Sarco has them? The post war ones are common, but the WWII are not easy to find! The Legs are the same for BAR and A6, and they changed them at the same time after the war, what ever year that was.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ditto what Rollin said....

I have been able to find tons of post war BAR - A6 legs but the WWII legs are almost impossible to locate....Don't know why....

Anyway, I would second if anyone would repop the legs, but I think they would be rather costly. It appears there is a active market for WWII spec equipment and since the 1919 market is growing...

I'd also vote for a repop of the 1919 A6 sling. Though its use was limited and its a rare piece, it would be neat to have one for the display...

Mark

Lamar, Colorado

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I believe the change in BAR legs was some time in 1944 and some did get into the hands of the troops before the war ended. Not sure about the A6.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Mark

Early legs have the wing nuts at the bottom, close to the "foot". That's the quickest way to ID. But, it isn't just the placement of the wing nuts. On an early leg, the top part is the "female" and the lower part is the "male". The wing nuts are different .... I think the thread is smaller dia. That's everything I know off the top of my head.

amish-bob

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,165 Posts
Not only is amish-bob right, the male and female were reversed on the later legs and the WWII lower wing bolts are smaller, but the only reason I even have a pair of WWII legs is because amish-bob went out of his way to find me a set at the Creek this spring. You are a class act, Sir! I recommend everybody do business with this fine gentleman. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts