1919 A4 Forums banner

sb144 Lots of Magazines 10+ will be ILLEGAL

6K views 47 replies 24 participants last post by  hueyy 
#1 · (Edited)
California passed SB 1446 Firearms: magazine capacity into Law NO Magazines {MG Belts} Over 10 rounds
commencing July 1, 2017
Everyone will be Selling there Mags Have to be out of the State by July 1 2017
soon to be 10+ will be ILLEGAL in California NO GRANDFATHERING
and This bill would provide that no reimbursement is required

What do you think the MG Belts too????

Bury them ALL I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
!st they confiscate the mags then the guns. Who said it couldn't happen here?

#4 ·
Its the same **** they pulled on us here in NY. In one overnight, backdoor closed session of state senate, they passed the SAFE act. The next morning, ALL magazines over 10 rounds were contraband and we were given a few months to sell them out of state or turn them in. Of ALL the unconstitutional aspects of the SAFE act, thats the one that burned my ass the most. How can a state govt come along and tell me 'hey you cant own that anymore, we wont compensate you for it but we will arrest you if we find you with one'.....

Everybody looked at NY and said 'serves you right for living in a liberal state' or 'maybe you should have voted' or even 'Id NEVER abide by those stupid rules'.....wake up folks...its happening everywhere. Inch by inch they are winning.

#47 ·
They can do it because they think they have the muscle in law enforcement to back them up. Maybe individual officers might think it's a stupid idea and might look the other way when they can but when push comes to shove they will have to do as they're told by their superiors or risk losing their jobs. As in all human conflicts it's all about fear and intimidation.

#6 ·
First they confiscated the standard magazines, and I didn't worry because all my firearms fed from belts, tubes or were single shot.

Then they they stopped the sale of ammunition without an ID card, and I didn't worry because I was a reloader.

Then they came for the firearms, and I didn't worry because I'd become an archery aficionado.

Then they came for all the 'dangerous implements,' like England did, and I no longer had a way to hunt or defend myself and my family.

When they came for me and my family, I had no choice.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

#7 ·
Well done...

Well done,Gary...!! That's the progression that most likely the liberals will promote. It's a good take on what a German said when asked why the German people did not stop Hitler's attacks on the insane,disabled,political rivals,opposition and finally the Jews. By the time sensible folks started to complain....there was no one left to come to their assistance.

"Never,ever...ever...give up the fight." (Winston Churchill to the Parliament in 1940-41 during the 'Battle of Briton')

#8 ·
OK Gang - as a involuntary captive of the communist state of KA, I ask you all in "free states" to remember this and HELP US. Most of what I hear here and on gunbroker is "no sales to CA" (without bothering to look at the rules to see whether something can be modified to get into the state). I here "oh, screw Kommifornia".. "you brought it on yourself etc." OK well remember... as CA goes, so goes the NATION. CA has over 10% of the entire population of the country. When combined with other communist states such as NY, CT, NJ, HI etc. "occupied states" make up a LARGE chunk of the US population. So.... don't just sit there in TX or KY and laugh at CA. Your cities are growing too. Large cities = liberalism and move away from guns. Think it can't happen to you? Remember CO's mag ban?

When selling something - consider how you might work to modify it to help a fellow shooter in an occupied zone. When voting, and writing to your representatives, remember there is a big country outside your sparsely populated red states.

#9 ·
I know I am new here, but I have made this statement on several different forums under the same user name. Anyone who wants mags or other items I will happily have the items shipped to me and I will forward the items to anyone held behind enemy lines. All I ask is that you pick up the shipping cost from me to you. If I was well off I'd pick up the shipping cost but I'm just a ole country boy that wants to help out fellow gun owners

Open resistance is our only choice. Natural rights are given to all men at birth by their creator. When you have to beg for permission from someone then that is not a right , it is a privilege. The ability to defend ones person or property is a natural right.

So anyone needing banned items shoot me a pm so that we can work out the details.

#12 ·
Probably the same number of those killed enforcing the prohibition of alcohol. The only reason it was repealed was because our masters couldn't have the people openly defying their rules. It would set a prescient for other laws that we the people refuse to consent to.

#14 ·
We do all need to stick together whether you are a belt fed, ar-15 ak 47 shotgunner pistol shooter or any other type of shooter. A gun owner is a gun owner it doesn't matter what type of gun it is , sooner or later they will come after it. And all those who say they will never get mine , are you really prepared to die for our rights or is it brave talk! We all say we will never comply but when it comes to it how many really will stand and fight?? I don't see a united front of gun owners going against this or any other laws, its just a few who are willing and realise that the end is near. Everyone else is silent hoping this will not effect them or will go away. IT WILL NOT EVER. And I fear we are on the way to the end soon.

#18 · (Edited)
#20 ·

You are absolutely correct.

I unfortunately fear that we may have to be not so civil to drive the point home that rights are not to be trampled on.

Let's all face it, gun control has absolutely nothing to do with safety regardless of what they constantly parrot. It has nothing to do with lives lost or whatever other lie that they repeat. What gun control's end goal is that those that make the rules want a monopoly on the ability to use force. They don't want us peasants able to say no from a distance. They don't want us to have the same hardware that their enforcers carry daily they simply want us to come groveling at their feet begging for mercy.

Look at the personality types that typically gravitate to positions in government. The term Megalomaniac seems to fit 99% of those in any elected position. This is typically true from a home owners president to the president of the USA.

#19 ·
I think we are real close to this becoming the law of the land.

If there is a huge backlash against trump, and i think there will be, a democratic congress and president will quickly pass all the kommifornia laws and then some. Hold on to your shorts fellas.

Karl

#21 ·
1) We have the greatest gun salesman in history in the "front office " . His average is 1,000,000 + a month for almost 8 years ... more than 84,000,000 and rising by the day !!!
2) The Gov claims 300,000,000 firearms held by the people , the number is at least double that in reality (we all know how bad Gov is about numbers :confused::confused: ).
3) If 1/10 of 1 % stand up and fight it is a larger number than All Military, Mil Reserve,Fed and Local Enforcement Combined can muster in any attempt !
4)NY Safe Act compliance <10% ,Connecticut compliance maybe 15%
5) How many Vets who Believe in the founding documents and what they stand for, are there and would fight for that Belief ... Not just the ones being screwed by the system as we all see happening .
6) Add in the number of Military who would Not comply with orders against the People !

You run the numbers !
Nuff said .

#22 ·
I love all this talk about 'stand up and fight'. Its like you think theres going to be some grand attempt by the feds to disarm the people overnight. Let me tell you how this is going to go down: its a war of attrition. They will ban everything we own...then just sit back and wait for us to step on our dicks. Ban magazines and ban assault weapons and mandate registration and the likes....then they will just sit back and wait for us to screw up. One at a time. Getting pulled over for speeding with a 30 round magazine in your car, or leaving your assault weapon out in plain view when the cops show up with the paramedics after old granpa has a heart attack. Maybe you are trying to sell a long gun to a friend to avoid the hassle of the background check (now mandatory for even person to person sales here in NY) ...One way or another, they are just going to slowly choke off the supply by banning everything and then just waiting for gun owners to get careless and reveal what they have in their possession.

Don't believe me? Its what happened in NY. They aren't actively enforcing the SAFE act because they know it would be a huge mess....but the bans mean we can no longer buy anything in this state (to include mail ordering ammunition). SAFE arrests are few and far between, but usually when some idiot modifies a post ban gun to pre ban status and brags, or when some jerk gets caught speeding or other traffic violations and the trooper finds unregistered guns in his car.

Its also worth nothing that we in NY **DID** peacefully protest. We held demonstrations at the capitol bldg. (I even participated in 2 of them.). Lawsuits were brought against the State and many local LEO's have pledged to not support the SAFE act...

But in the end....the liberals will win. Simply because they will just ban everything, make laws against anything and criminalize gun ownership to the point where Johnny Average wont even want to try and understand all the gun laws and just give up.

#23 ·
ScottD,
You just pointed out the flaw in their plan and how ineffective it really is ! Yes they are sending a few people to jail but it is just posturing plain and simple ! Even those of us who do not live under such tyranny know that NY city controls the state only because of population numbers .Just wait until no food is available to the city Oh lord :eek::eek::eek::eek:

You have family to think about , you currently Serve so your hands are "tied " and i Respect that !

The number of Disenfranchised people is growing at an increasing rate and in Very high numbers ,they have nothing to lose ! You only have to look at the numbers of these people taking out their entire family because they feel there is not other way out , sickening as all get out !!!

At some point the hopelessness will turn to Anger towards the tyranny that is causing the problem in the first place ,with nothing to lose what do you think is going to happen ?

#24 ·
Let me also add the increasing number and reach of "Tango" attacks not just else where in the world , the Supreme Court has already ruled the Gov is under No obligation to protect you in any way shape or form !! It is all up to You !! Even in my little corner the LEO vehicles no longer have the "To serve and protect" on them any longer ......

I had hopes that this would not occur until after i pass from this world :( !

#26 ·
California passed SB 1446 Firearms: magazine capacity into Law NO Magazines {MG Belts} Over 10 rounds
[B[What do you think the MG Belts too????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cali law defines a "magazine" as "...any ammunition feeding device" which includes belts. To be legal, metal belts will have to be broken up into maximum to round sections, cloth belts will have to be cut into 10 round sections. I have not read the law word-for-word yet, and it may be possible to dis-assemble the magazines you have into components as long as they are not readily restorable to a magazine (keep boxes, followers, springs together but floor plates are kept somewhere else). But that is a big maybe.

Also, it will most likely soon be illegal to "import ammunition from out of state." Meaning no mail order ammo, no running across state lines to buy it and bring it back.

#29 ·
I see I got a lot of conversation started. that's good. I don't see armed resistance as something that too many will do , it might have happened two hundred years ago but not likely. Now we need to get all gun owners on board with our plan to at least stop the gov at the point they are now before it goes to far. They all have to be on the same page, the same message. There will be a few on the fringe who think a big shootout will solve it but it will be few and far between and will only reinforce the general non gun owner view that we are all gun toting nuts that cant be trusted with our own safety. If we really do have 300 million guns out there I am sure they are not owned by just a handful of us. WE need to get those other 100 million owners to stand with us in the courts, the rallies, the marches, the gov offices, the phone banks, the take a new shooter out days, whatever we have to do to get public opinion back on the right side. Its a long road and getting worse every day but it our new reality and I am not looking forward to losing. You may not agree with the NRA and what they do but its the biggest organization that is all pro gun. If we want the real political clout that the news media seems to think we have then we have to all rally behind one flag, one banner, one organization. Pick one an run with it.

#41 ·
This is the only way to keep ahead of them.
It's just like the "Organic" farmer VS "conventional" farmer, If they both would work together, what a powerhouse they could be. The question should be CAN we all come together for the common cause to fight this Bulls#*_t.

Steamer

#30 ·
L999here SEZ: ".... a German said when asked why the German people did not stop Hitler's attacks on the insane,disabled,political rivals,opposition and finally the Jews...."

Yep, it was a take on Niemöller (Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller (14 January 1892 – 6 March 1984) a Protestant pastor in Nazi Germany and social activist, who SAID this was the version he preferred, in a 1971 interview :

When the Nazis came for the communists, I did not speak out; As I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats, I did not speak out; I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; As I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews, I did not speak out; As I was not a Jew.
When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

#31 ·
Nra

While I am not a bumper sticker NRA type, I do have a membership. The thing that gets me most when newsies and politicos mention the NRA, they refer to it as if it was a group of space aliens from Mongo. "The People need to get the NRA out of government! (who the hell are the members?)" "The NRA controls too many senators,congressmen!" Well of course they do because of the thousands of constituents that poke the bear correctly. It is a complete disconnect, as if the members of the NRA were somehow invisible but wielded a +20 Mace in the dark halls of Washington. "They" act like "We" can't be real. Strange. J

#32 ·
While I am not a bumper sticker NRA type, I do have a membership. The thing that gets me most when newsies and politicos mention the NRA, they refer to it as if it was a group of space aliens from Mongo. "The People need to get the NRA out of government! (who the hell are the members?)" "The NRA controls too many senators,congressmen!" Well of course they do because of the thousands of constituents that poke the bear correctly. It is a complete disconnect, as if the members of the NRA were somehow invisible but wielded a +20 Mace in the dark halls of Washington. "They" act like "We" can't be real. Strange. J
I always got the feeling that thee media thinks that the NRA is some sort of business entity like the Koch brothers and forget that there are 4+ million individual members, most everyday types who happen to support the idea of an armed populace.

#33 ·
kkkriverrats ".... everyday types who happen to support the idea of an armed populace."

NO! The 2nd Amendment is NOT about "an armed populace," it is ABOUT CIVIL RIGHTS!

Firearms are not weapons, they may be used as TOOLS to enforce one's civil rights, rights which are GOD given, not "government permitted," but they are not WEAPONS!

One's pistol is not a 'weapon,' but a tool, much as a weed puller is a tool. One could hurt someone badly with a weed puller, should that be necessary and the only tool available, but it is not properly called a WEAPON!

Let's get back to the Constitution and agree what the forefathers said, and speak that way. We are not "an armed populace," but citizens demanding our GOD GIVEN RIGHTS! This is a civil rights issue, not an issue of the right to be armed to oppose a tyranny!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

#34 ·
Seems to me we lost this battle before almost all of us were born. 1934 NFA ... For many years, we had MGs floating around but today, most of us would suggest cutting them up. No one recommends breaking the NFA these days. No civil disobedience there. In time... they will win... 10% comply now, 50% in a decade, 90% in a few decades....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.