1919 A4 Forums banner

scared the dog catcher tonight

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ouchman 
#1 ·
We have 4 Shi Tzus so when a strange pit bull came into the yard tonight my wife called the town dog catcher, usually he won't bother coming down but my wife told him if it came into out fenced yard we would shoot it, I have about an acre of yard fenced in so i don't have to worry about my dogs getting hit or my kids, so i figure if a dog comes over my fence it's legal game, so he came right down, I have my half-track sitting outside the garage because I'm working on it right now, it has a dummy .50 cal sitting in the pulpit mount, from a distance it looks real and he noticed it right off, is that legal, why do it have a machine gun? The typical questions I get any time some one rolls into the yard and I have it out,I've even had cops take a real close look at it, it's probably the funniest part!

#2 ·
Pretty Funny

That is pretty funny by my standards. I hope you have some good looking dummy rounds linked and feeding into the 50. My neighbors would be paranoid if I were to get any fun toys like a half-track.

Hmmm if you need some place to park it......

#3 ·
That is pretty funny,It is amazing how most folks don't have a clue about our history too.
About 15 years ago,I was flipping a frisbee on Dittlers beach on the Columbia river in Portland and there was a Dukw humming along about 150 yards out.
The guys I was with started freaking out when I began waving, hollering and beckoning the "barge" to come ashore!
The pilot of the "barge" obliged me and turned toward the beach.
My new friends damn near crapped kittens when the "barge" rolled up on the beach and did a turn around on the beach.
Too damned cool.
That was a good day all around.:D

#5 ·
my wife told him if it came into out fenced yard we would shoot it, I have about an acre of yard fenced in so i don't have to worry about my dogs getting hit or my kids, so i figure if a dog comes over my fence it's legal game
So... did you shoot the barko?

#6 ·
dogs and dog catcthers

I really didn't want to shoot the dog, if it came over the fence and acted aggressive toward kids or my dogs I would have had no problem, but I assume it is some ones pet and I wouldn't want one of my dogs shot just for being on some one elses property, as for the dog catcher, this is a very small town and we know him well, he's just never been down to our place and seen the half-track with the fake 50 mounted, I have found the only way to actually get him to respond to a dog problem is to tell them you are going to shoot it!

#7 ·
Agreed, sometimes the ONLY way to get them to respond is to threaten shooting an animal. Last call was on a large aggressive mutt, wife called and "nobody could respond" to her situation, she said "I have a 1911 in my hand and I will shoot the dog", within 2 minutes 4 units on the scene. They tried capturing the crazed animal, it attacked two officers, pooch terminated, now they know we're serious on calls, in fact, animal control NOW says shoot any aggressive dog, several people bitten and mauled in city recently.

#8 ·
We have a farm on a "vacation" island south of Cape Cod. City folk get dogs for the summer and abandon them come time for them to DEROS.
By November they tend to get really hungry and pack up. As soon as they harass the animals they are put down. I don't enjoy it when I have to do it.
Animal control doesn't want to dirty his truck or ruin the suspension on our 3 mile dirt "drive way".
If it's called tourist season why can't we shoot THEM?:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.