1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
[QUOTE="midwestmetal, post: 739557, member: 2367"
Used 5-20 weight oil and runs like a top.
[/QUOTE]

That’s funny. I use 5w20 on my guns too. Wonderful oil.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
You know, I am not looking to add another watercooled to my collection at this point but if I was, I think a Schwarzlose in 8mm mauser would be what I would want to add. Very cool gun!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes its a post sample I put together about 10 years ago. Haven't had it out much but appreciate the fact the tripod is so compact. Truck was down for a turbo issue so had to use wife's vehicle for the 4 hour drive. Didn't help only 1 kid was available to act as pack mule so kept it light this year.

Have 3 or 4 more kits and tripods stashed away for future use. They are interesting guns for sure, and easy to work on usually.

I'm just buried in customer work right now so its about the only time I really get out to shoot my personal stuff.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous, love the green. I wonder if the horizontal grips were a design relic of intended sweeping fire?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Great choice of video never seen one in action. Didn’t know it had a low feed angle or a left ejection. It does eject with pretty strong force which is not what I was expecting. The belt filling machine was very interesting never seen one and video of a loader cycling is just as interesting to me. Many daughters don’t try the shooting sports as much as they should so my hats off to you.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She's a real trooper when it comes to the firearm sports. From hand linking for the saw or mixing tannerite. Kids next project is pulling down about 1.5k early Wolf .308 which has base separations in any firearm I try it in. Its loaded hot anyway and the steel cases of that lot can't handle it, base will sometimes rupture and expel gasses. Tried it one last time at the shoot in a 1919 and after about 100 rounds had a complete base separation. Will pull and salvage the bullets and powder. Collet puller and 3 kids working shifts will make short work of it. Dont know what to do with the steel case berdan primed cases, reduced loads maybe.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
That’s awesome! It’s great you have your daughter out there and she enjoys the sport. Getting more people involved at a young age is key, and daughters get bonus points.
We won’t always be able to lug all of the gear and ammo to the range. Having some young helpers makes a big difference!

Regarding your .308, I would find a lighter load and load the steel case back up. Primers are usually good.
It surprising to hear that they are loaded hot. Usually steel case Wolf is loaded on the light side. That has been my experience with 9mm, 5.56 and .45. I had some 303 but had issues with the neck splitting in my Vickers no power issue though.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I got a form 4 one of these some time back. Was mixed numbers which us Luger affectionados dislike. The next month, a match number gun came up for the same exact $$$$$$ amount. Sometime you wait too long, other times..........

PJH

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I got a form 4 one of these some time back. Was mixed numbers which us Luger affectionados dislike. The next month, a match number gun came up for the same exact $$$$$$ amount. Sometime you wait too long, other times..........

PJH
I know someone who has been looking for a transferable Schwarzlose MG for a while now.
He told me to keep an eye out for when one becomes available.
So, if anyone has a lead they can supply...

Richard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts