1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
@Apexgunparts I know of one but it is currently tied up with the estate. When it comes up for sale I will reach out.
That contact would be very appreciated!
I have sent a PM with my contact info.

Richard

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I missed out on a rare air cooled Schwartzlose about 7 years ago. Sure wish I had snagged that one.
CaptMax

·
Registered
242 Posts
The holing of the water jacket was probably a local modification. The "official" aircraft 07/12 Schwarzlose had no waterjacket but only the barrel protruding from the front end of the receiver. A special front end for the air guns was provided with a hinge for mounting the topcover and mounting boss on the bottom.
The air 07/12s also had modified internals to significantly increase the rpm's. The firing pin cocking spur was shortened to facilitate this. The firing system was spring loaded to assist to insure that the firing pin would function when the plane was climbing hard. Top bolt in pic has standard height spurs and bolt below has the high speed shortened spurs.
The air model was designated the model 16A and so stamped.
The receiver pictured above with the 16A stamp is the aircraft 07/12 pictured in Musgraves book 'German Machine Guns' on page 519 and is misidentified as '16R'. FWIW
Trigger Wood Machine Metal Auto part
Font Bumper Tints and shades Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle
16A.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts