1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Semi auto Bar

Last knob creek I talked to the guys at Ohio Ordanance and they said they will begin offering there 1918 in 2007. Plus they will offer there receiver kit again so if you are sitting on a parts kit hold on to it. They could not tell me a price though. Still I would wait because the last semi bar I saw for sale it went for stupid money. I bought a parts kit off them 10 + years ago and I am waiting to next year to get a receiver. hope this helps

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
1918a3 Bar

Matthew1919 said:
Anyone have any leads on someone that maybe selling a M1918-A2 semi-auto? Any info will be appreciated.
Matt......Call OOW...they have the semi for about $2,850.000. May as welll pay Bob Landis for his excellant work. I'm sitting on a BAR set also just waiting for that semi auto reciever next year. Still my favorite firearm....have fired several....nothing beats a BAR for pure enjoyment....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Commander47 said:
In California aren't you limited to three round magazines, or something like that?
10 round mags are the largest capacity you can legally bring into the state now, but if you had some 20 rounders from years gone by you can use them to your hearts content.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Bar

I know it's legal in California but because of the "flash supressor" law they would have to put some "funky" unknown type on the BAR. I did not want to take that chance and we are restricted to a 10 round capacity magazine. I am a stickler for details and I know that would have bothered me. Perhaps when I retire and move to a more "free" state as far as the second amendment goes I will treat myself to one. This place is a nice place to visit but living here in Liberalville is very fustrating. Too many "liberal" law makers are power hungry. No common sense just emotions rule their thinking. Sorry I got off the subject. Have a great day y'all!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
True, California has some real problems with laws that were made so that some polititian could stay in office. There is no logic to it at all. Just check out the DOJ site with a current list of laws and applicable sections.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/index.html

If this doesn't make you sick then, nothing does.
Have a great day!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Commander47 said:
In California aren't you limited to three round magazines, or something like that?

10 round mags if new purchase. If you had hi-caps before the ban here they are still legal.

Roy

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got a letter from the state (CA) that says that you're not supposed to link more than 10 rounds together. But there is an exception in that if you owned the ammo linked before the ban than you can keep it. It's truly a strange system.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Bar

Don't forget this is the land of "Fruits and nuts". Look at San Francisco and the U.S. 9th "circus" court of appeals. Yes it's suppose to be "circut" but you couldn't tell me different.:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Kamikazi54 said:
Don't forget this is the land of "Fruits and nuts". Look at San Francisco and the U.S. 9th "circus" court of appeals. Yes it's suppose to be "circut" but you couldn't tell me different.:D
I think its actually supposed to be "circuit" :p :p :D

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
oow takes 20 round bar mags and puts blocks in them for 10 round capacity and then welds the floorplate shut and stamps the mags 10 rounds

i have a couple that came with my BAR that i bought from someone from CA

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Bar

Thanks for the info BAR gunner. Do you know what the "flash hider" looks like? Is it close in looks to the original or do they call it a compensator?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts