1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still need semi-auto firing pin with spring & semi-auto striker with spring but no ones seems to make these parts anymore. Does anyone work on a partly finished Bren Gun for semi-auto?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Len Savage with Historic Arms out of GA did mine. I believe he may have (or can make) the parts you need.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone that used to build kits or used to make parts seem to not do them anymore. I have been looking for 2 years but no luck. If you are building a Bren semi these parts are very, if not impossible to get. Got very few answers from several gun smiths if they answered at all. Very disappointed . Now a heavy paper weight. Airman

·
Registered
609 Posts
Anyone that used to build kits or used to make parts seem to not do them anymore. I have been looking for 2 years but no luck. If you are building a Bren semi these parts are very, if not impossible to get. Got very few answers from several gun smiths if they answered at all. Very disappointed . Now a heavy paper weight. Airman
Did you call Len at Historic Arms or Kiwi?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Historic arms does not sell parts, just complete arms according to an e-mail I received.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Did you ask them who built their Brens for them so you could contact them? I know Kiwi still builds them, but he builds everything in runs and once he build a run, he moves on to another firearm, then the next, then the next, and so on. It can a year or more for him to come back around to a specific weapon. Last time I talked to him, a few months ago, he had started a run, I believe of Brens, that he expected to be done by this month.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Join weapons guild and search for the mighty lime striker system. You should find the plans and chances are somebody has a set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I bought a 308 kit on Gunbroker and the seller gave me the option to buy a Mighty-Lime SA striker system which I did. That was last month, I found the firing pin at firingpins.com, also there are new gas pistons for sale on Gunbroker now.

I have two Bren kits, a 308 with original and new barrel which was Sarco and another early 303 kit which has a better cut receiver.

I‘m following the Mighty-Lime build. I now just have to find a welding jig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts