1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need some advice guys I have the chance to buy a semi auto FN30 with original spades which are rare by them selves but I also have the chance to buy the FN MAG58 tripod it rests on and it is not an izzy mag58 but a true FN. My question is what is a fair market value for the gun alone and the tripod. I cant seem to find anything on a true FN tripod let alone the value of a semi auto? I have searched past auctions on gunjoker with no luck so what say ye?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Is the gun a Hedgehog built S/A. or a home built by an individual?
You might ask DRH here on the board or he may chime in on his own.
I think he had at one time one of the first Hedgehog built FN30's
He may have sold It not sure but he may be able to give you a ballpark.
GW

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...just a guess...

FN30 semi w/true spades...$7.5-$8K. FN tripod...$750.00. Maybe i ought to build a few FN30's...LOL.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
In the similar threads section below . It looks like Kris was selling them for around $3,600 to $3,800 originally.
But then that was back a few years and there is nobody else making them so price is what market will bare.

Side plates from Halo were around $400 back in the day of 80% ers.
Not even sure who's making plates anymore.

I might have to build a couple of mine if I can sell them for around 8

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I stand by my estimate of $3K - $4.5K for the FN30 gun only (high end for a really nice Hedge Hog built gun). I see a lot of guns offered on the Forum (and have bought three semi-auto water cooled guns with tripods myself this year alone on the Forum).

I think the FN30 is a neat gun and would like one myself, yes they are not common, don't see many water cooled semi guns (even with tripods) or .50 calibers sell on the Forum for $7.5K, let alone an air cooled FN30.

My humble opinion only.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I've got the real FN30 tripod floating around in my closet. I could bring it to the next Knob Creek for the right person.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re: FN tripod

What do you think a fiar value is for an FN mag58 tripod and how much are you asking? Russ

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well i can tell you its been a pita to find a sideplate for my FN model 52 dual feed kit i have. The few who can make one arnt really interested in doing so at this time.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I did a batch of FN30s a couple years ago. Won't be selling until the price reaches $5K. Got FN32s and FN38s I'll want a bit more for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts