1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took shipment of a Semi Bren that a local customer purchased from Gunbroker.
Upon Inspection it has been discovered that it is missing the striker and spring. When the purchaser contacted the seller, he said that he forgot to put it back during a cleaning at some point and had forgotten to send it. supposedly he has lost the spring and has one ordered, and will send the striker and spring together. In the event that this seller just unloaded a semi Bren with a lost striker, where can one be found? Or do I need to fire up the milling machine? I did find a detailed drawing of a striker with dimensions online. The purchaser feels like he got a good deal on the rifle and is willing to keep it provided a striker shows up...either from the seller, or through purchase or manufacture.

He is a Brit WWII re-enactor and is very anxious to have this functioning and blank fire adapted by the Fort Indiantown Gap even in January.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
You are going to need to identify whose design it is. Im aware of 2 or 3 different semi Bren plans, the striker differs a little bit on all of them. I Know Pirate out of Florida pioneed the design (But still suffered some flaws, based on my own build with his parts) and IIRC Dennis from Midwestern (very active on this forum) also made a few. (I may be mistaken)

The striker and recoil system on the semi Bren is its achilees tendon. Your buddy also needs to know that if he chooses to have one manufactured locally, the part needs to be heat treated.

I spent 3 years trying to get my Beren to run reliably, never could get it to shoot more than 3 rounds in a row without a failure to feed due to the recoil spring getting hung up on the striker spring and assembly.

·
Registered
283 Posts
CzechBoss over on WeaponsGuild.com also makes them and I believe is gearing up for another run of them in January...I believe his company is Mount Pleasant Arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts