1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Iv began the long search/build of a m2hb. Iv built a 1919, currently in progress on an Colt 1928 and m35 tripod, and now onto the big boy. I wont be building this thing until next year but have begun to look for parts. Currently only have 4 barrels so im a long way from all parts needed. My question is, can anyone here give me a ballpark figure on the cost of complete kit minus tripod and barrels. Keep in mind I am piecing this build and not buying a complete kit as it looks like I can save some $$ by doing the hard part.On the major componets, semi side plate, left sideplate( new or usgi), barrel support, backplate, and internals, what can I expect to spend on each of those parts? Im not up to speed on current market value on these parts and dont want to overspend when I find them at all possible. Iv got my sources for the semi parts from KMP and possibly HALO for the sideplate at some point if its available when I got the cash. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I've not followed this market lately but think prices have stayed pretty stable.

I got all the parts for mine for $5K. My son pieced his, got lucky on one purchase, and did it for a bit over $3K. All three or four years ago.

Karl

PS The trunion is the critical part here. IMHO, find a partial kit that includes the trunion first.

PPS
I surfed for just a second:
http://gryphos.com/m3semikits/
Looks like prices are actually lower. Pretty sure Christos would do a lay away or buy one part at a time program.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought my M3HB parts throughout this year so these prices might give you a rough idea.

KMP Sideplate + Trigger Parts = $700

Gryphos M3HB Premium w/o Sights Kit = $4590

Sights From Sarco = $250

NOS Stellite Barrel = $650

Total = $6200

All those prices were shipped and are plus or minus a few bones. Christos has lay-away and split payment plans. I don't want to misquote so drop him an e-mail for the details.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...might be better...

As said in previously posted threads,many deals can be found on ebay,gunbroker and local gun shows. However,one of the best places to aquire parts is the Knob Creek machine gun shoot in Apr and Oct. There are trunions,bottom and top plates and many small parts on gunbroker right now. Ebay also has several parts auctions going on also. Type in 'M2HB' and go to work. I usually wait to get the RSP and trigger/sear from KMP until I've got all the other receiver and internal parts in hand. Then assemble the box and send the internals out to be machined by Brian (30cal).

trunion- $550-$750
bolt - $195-$275 (stripped), bolt parts...$100-$200
bbl extension -$45-$125
buffer body-$125-$250 (stripped),buffer w/spring...$85-$125
bottom/top plates- [email protected]
top cover-$200-$400
LSP - $300-$400
misc. parts/springs/rivet set-$250-$375
RSP/trigger/sear- $700
barrel support- $100-$200
spade set- $350-$500

Total...$3,085.00-$4,475.00. With due diligence,a good purchase plan,judicious cash flow and some good luck,you just might get everything together for less than $3K. I built over a dozen M2HB's and the most I've ever spent to complete one was $4K...and included the barrel and an M3 tripod.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As said in previously posted threads,many deals can be found on ebay,gunbroker and local gun shows. However,one of the best places to aquire parts is the Knob Creek machine gun shoot in Apr and Oct. There are trunions,bottom and top plates and many small parts on gunbroker right now. Ebay also has several parts auctions going on also. Type in 'M2HB' and go to work. I usually wait to get the RSP and trigger/sear from KMP until I've got all the other receiver and internal parts in hand. Then assemble the box and send the internals out to be machined by Brian (30cal).

trunion- $550-$750
bolt - $195-$275 (stripped), bolt parts...$100-$200
bbl extension -$45-$125
buffer body-$125-$250 (stripped),buffer w/spring...$85-$125
bottom/top plates- [email protected]
top cover-$200-$400
LSP - $300-$400
misc. parts/springs/rivet set-$250-$375
RSP/trigger/sear- $700
barrel support- $100-$200
spade set- $350-$500

Total...$3,085.00-$4,475.00. With due diligence,a good purchase plan,judicious cash flow and some good luck,you just might get everything together for less than $3K. I built over a dozen M2HB's and the most I've ever spent to complete one was $4K...and included the barrel and an M3 tripod.
That is exactly what I was looking to see. Thank you for your post. I just simply wanted a rough price chart so I know what to spend when I find the parts. And yes, I go to KCR every year. You wouldn't know by chance if anyone happens to have the prints on the trunion? My father is a damn good machinest and has made me many parts and helps with my builds every winter. If there's a print for it, he can make it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As said in previously posted threads,many deals can be found on ebay,gunbroker and local gun shows. However,one of the best places to aquire parts is the Knob Creek machine gun shoot in Apr and Oct. There are trunions,bottom and top plates and many small parts on gunbroker right now. Ebay also has several parts auctions going on also. Type in 'M2HB' and go to work. I usually wait to get the RSP and trigger/sear from KMP until I've got all the other receiver and internal parts in hand. Then assemble the box and send the internals out to be machined by Brian (30cal). trunion- $550-$750 bolt - $195-$275 (stripped), bolt parts...$100-$200 bbl extension -$45-$125 buffer body-$125-$250 (stripped),buffer w/spring...$85-$125 bottom/top plates- [email protected] top cover-$200-$400 LSP - $300-$400 misc. parts/springs/rivet set-$250-$375 RSP/trigger/sear- $700 barrel support- $100-$200 spade set- $350-$500 Total...$3,085.00-$4,475.00. With due diligence,a good purchase plan,judicious cash flow and some good luck,you just might get everything together for less than $3K. I built over a dozen M2HB's and the most I've ever spent to complete one was $4K...and included the barrel and an M3 tripod.
Thank you as well, I never realized they could be had for so cheap.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
... You wouldn't know by chance if anyone happens to have the prints on the trunion? My father is a damn good machinest and has made me many parts and helps with my builds every winter. If there's a print for it, he can make it. Thanks for your help.
Here ya go.

If you find a trunion for ANYWHERE NEAR that price, snap it up. There's a fella on TOS (Beltfed shooters) going nuts trying to find only that part. He's got the rest of the weapon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I have only seen 2 trunnions on GB in the past month and both were in the $900 range, but I only check twice a day so one may have slipped past. They seem to go fast around $600

There was one on Ebay with a bullet hole in the side for $350 about 2 months ago and an m3 for $500 both sold within a couple of days. They do pop up on Ebay overseas but im always reluctant to order anything over $100 bucks from most of the countries these parts frequently ship from

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...yep...

Like he said...LOL. Got my last 2-trunions for less than $600 @. on GB. Patience is a virtue....and when these parts show up...don't hesitate. Closest I ever came to buying a complete kit were 2-demilled parts sets for $3K...w/o bbls or bbl supports. A bit of machine work and RSP's and they went together nicely.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
hy to all, when the US building season starts, keep me in mind
thats the time the "hunting" season for parts overhere starts.
and... no wurries about shipping never had a box that did not made it across the pond.
i just kick them over with my big wooden shoes.............. lol.

Like he said...LOL. Got my last 2-trunions for less than $600 @. on GB. Patience is a virtue....and when these parts show up...don't hesitate. Closest I ever came to buying a complete kit were 2-demilled parts sets for $3K...w/o bbls or bbl supports. A bit of machine work and RSP's and they went together nicely.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I have a trunion I got from Gryphos I am willing to sell for $550 plus shipping. also MAYBE thinking of selling a M2 kit also. Was thinking maybe $4500 for one with All internal M2 parts with M3 top cover and serviceable normal barrel OR $5000 for All M2HB parts including top cover and stellite barrel. either kit would be complete minus semi parts, rivets and RH plate.

Trunion SOLD ......

Got to wait on wither or not to sell M2 kit, will post kit on board after some members interested responses do not work out

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Trunion: Man that's a steal. If the OP don't want it, I'll take it. Give him first shot.

Karl

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a trunion I got from Gryphos I am willing to sell for $550 plus shipping. also MAYBE thinking of selling a M2 kit also. Was thinking maybe $4500 for one with All internal M2 parts with M3 top cover and serviceable normal barrel OR $5000 for All M2HB parts including top cover and stellite barrel. either kit would be complete minus semi parts, rivets and RH plate.
Is this trunion new or used? I very well may grab this

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Man, this is going to be the ONLY time a deal is left lying on the table for you to think about it.

Karl

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...being a gentleman...

Better take that deal,as Karl has given you the opportunity. WTG,Karl...!!! I don't need another M2HB or M3 trunion right now....but I'd buy it immediately if he dosen't. Does 'money-in-the-bank' ring a bell...? I'll take the deal and be 3rd in line behind Karl. LMK....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good deal on the trunnion!

Last one I found was a new one from a current parts supplier and I paid much more than that for it.

Question for Karl_T: On your trunnion drawing, I note there isn't any reference for the hardened steel insert "bunter" that is installed in the feedway cutout directly above the axis of the bore. In looking at the current production (mil spec from a current mfg.), I see one. This is to prevent trunnion wear in this area as the projectile in each loaded round is pushed into this spot at the bolt travels forward into locked position. Do you know the origin of this drawing? Any BTW, thanks for the drawing.

OREO

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Question for Karl_T: On your trunnion drawing, I note there isn't any reference for the hardened steel insert "bunter" that is installed in the feedway cutout directly above the axis of the bore. In looking at the current production (mil spec from a current mfg.), I see one. This is to prevent trunnion wear in this area as the projectile in each loaded round is pushed into this spot at the bolt travels forward into locked position. Do you know the origin of this drawing? Any BTW, thanks for the drawing.

OREO
I got almost a 1000 drawings for all sorts a beltfed parts from Mech_Warrior, a mod on Weaponeer. At the time he was doing it as a fund raiser to keep that site afloat. Many/most of the drawings are a copy of gov. specs. I see this one is not. No idea of the source here. my best guess would be some unknown individual's work. I must say I've learned to only use drawings of unknown source only as a guide. ASSUME there are mistakes in this.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
more stuff

for those who migth be interested

trunion , $550.- 3x
top plate $150.- 1x
bottom plate $150.- 1x
pawl set left&rigth $150.- 1x
spade grips/ back plate ass. $425.- 4x

coming in top covers $250.- 4x

barrel extension NOS $275.- 2x