1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents
I own a M1919A4 semi 30-06. Is it feasible to convert "legally" to full auto. It currently has a KMP side plate. If so whats average cost of upgrade?

Thanks Newbie to site

Attachments

·
BeltFed GURU
4,303 Posts
Not unless you hold an 07 FFL /02 SOT, 010/02 SOT FFL and have a demo letter from a LEO ! And it is not a transferable to civilian Ever !!
The cost is a new bolt and F/A lock frame machined to semi plate denial island ,drop in and go .
A number of 07/02 `s have done this and the registered part is the bolt ! What they have done is create a legal Post Sample which can only Ever be transferred to another 07/02 , 010/02 FFL holder or a LEO .No exceptions !!!
Unless you hold either FFL license or are a LEO your only choice is to buy a transferable plate (pre 86' ) form 4 or a transferable Form 4 1919A4 gun about 15 K + for either !!

·
11,291 Posts
buy a transferable plate (pre 86' ) form 4 or a transferable Form 4 1919A4 gun about $15 K

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not unless you hold an 07 FFL /02 SOT, 010/02 SOT FFL and have a demo letter from a LEO ! And it is not a transferable to civilian Ever !!
The cost is a new bolt and F/A lock frame machined to semi plate denial island ,drop in and go .
A number of 07/02 `s have done this and the registered part is the bolt ! What they have done is create a legal Post Sample which can only Ever be transferred to another 07/02 , 010/02 FFL holder or a LEO .No exceptions !!!
Unless you hold either FFL license or are a LEO your only choice is to buy a transferable plate (pre 86' ) form 4 or a transferable Form 4 1919A4 gun about 15 K + for either !!
Thanks Guys

Lets see a new 4.6 stroker motor for my jeep or 15K for auto. Decisions decisions

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Getting ready for 1 hour teleconference. Haven't had chance to review all posts. Are you saying I cant own full auto unless I have FFL. Got confused on the one post Stating its way above my pay grade?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
No, you just can't own dealer sales samples - you can pick up any fully transferable guns allowed by your state and federal law. any MG made after may 19th 1986 is a limited dealer sales sample. So you would need to find a gun that was manufactured before that date, and considered "transferable" to individuals.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,303 Posts
Iress53 ,
As an eligible citizen you can own a full auto transferred to you on a BATFE approved Form 4 Transfer of an already existing registered pre 86' built gun or side plate .
You can not legally own a Post 86' semi conversion to full auto bolt !
Any conversion bolt will be a Post 86' "Sample" which you can not legally own unless you are an 01 ,07 or 010 FFL ( i will admit i forgot an 01 FFL is allowed 2) title II transfers a year ) . An 01 is your normal gun dealer ,an 07 is a gun manufacturer and an 010 is a Destructive Device manufacturer (who can do any thing a lessor 01/07 FFL holder can and make Destructive Devises which they can not !! )
Post Samples can only be retained by any FFL license holder as long as they hold the license ,drop or lose the license and you would have to sell the Title II items to another elegable FFL license holder or destroy them (demill in to parts kits or cut the registered part into pieces by approved BATFE regulations and report to BATFE it has been destroyed according regulations and the paperwork invilved !! ) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts