1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice semi MP44 that I built into a semi auto. At the time I purchased all of the federally required USA built 922r compliance parts from Jerry with Recon Ordnance. I'd like to sell it but I'm torn - it came out very nice and I put a lot of work into the build but do not think I can sell it as a home built gun. I'm leaning towards pulling it back apart and cutting it up again to sell as a semi kit - any advice before I put the saw to her?

·
Registered
787 Posts
That would be such a shame, plus all your hard work. I thought a person could sell a home built if it had a s/n. But I am probably wrong

I would be interested in it. Please let me know

Thanks
Wally

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
If it was not built with the intent to sell it, I don't see the problem. Just needs a serial # AND MAYBE A NAME. Sorry for hollering. Caps lock got stuck.:eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also think you can do a face to face sail in your home state, if they allow. If it is going across State lines you have to have all of the information noted on the last post and it has to go from a FFL holder to another unless it is a C&R firearm. That is how it was explained to me. Harry

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I also think you can do a face to face sail in your home state, if they allow. If it is going across State lines you have to have all of the information noted on the last post and it has to go from a FFL holder to another unless it is a C&R firearm. That is how it was explained to me. Harry
That is correct. Don't "cut it" unless you want too.
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
If I had to guess its more to do with the semi design not being ATF approved...

I am sitting on a very nice MP44 saw cut kit waiting on a semi design. I live in a state like he does and I would be unsure of selling it either. Its just not worth it.

I would be interested to know what all was involved in the semi auto conversion. I have been following progress in that area for years now. If we could get someone to submit one. The fact is that the semis that came in the country from Germany were not of a design we could directly copy or at least I don't know of it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If I had to guess its more to do with the semi design not being ATF approved...

long as it's closed bolt and cant be readily converted to F/A "one-offs" or private builds do not need ATF approval. Start Making them to make a profit and it's game on.

I wouldn't cut it, prove to buyers it works and it meets the semi criteria and toss a Serial # /info on it.
Me personally, I'd keep it. Something like that usually translates into sellers remorse very quickly.

im going for a Breda 30 kit sometime this year and already have my semi design.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Me personally, I'd keep it. Something like that usually translates into sellers remorse very quickly.
You got that right too. I don't like selling anything anymore because I always regret it. :(
CaptMax

1 - 9 of 9 Posts