1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my semi mg42 8mm. Have put about 200 rounds through it. Some Yugo parts but its a great gun. Built by a member on this board. Comes with a AA sight, tripod, optics and light, a few belts and starter tabs, 1 ammo can, if im not beat down on the price too much I may find some other stuff to go with it. Funding a new project and never seem to have time to shoot anymore. Would prefer a FTF but I am in Louisiana.

$4000 total package (with some other stuff) plus actual shipping.

$3500 without the tripod and items listed above.

Thanks
Wally

http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/wmanuel426/library/mg42

Also plan to sell a 03a3 in the near future

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Wow, nice! Regarding the possible sale of the 03a3; Is it a Gibbs or Rock Ridge Machine Works rifle? Barrel 2 or 4 groove? Just curious at the time as I have a collection of parts at present for a potential build.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
532 Posts
IMHO, this is a good deal for a functioning semi MG42. I paid almost this much, and have had years of challenging fun :rolleyes: trying to get my Wiselite gun to run reliably......

BTT for a good deal! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Only the MG34 used the double drums with a special topcover. They never made that style of topcover for the MG42.

will it except the double drums?

·
Registered
132 Posts
For a functioning semi MG42 this is a great deal. The extra $500 for the lafette is well worth it too as that post war type shown in the pics are getting expensive and hard to find. I actually prefer the West German lafette to the wartime type for shooting.

Like someone else said debugging a Wiselite M53 (which are pushing 5K new now) can be a real real challenge, building one will cost you more than 2/3 this with the cost of barrels these days and thats if you do the work yourself, plus the fact it is mostly MG42 parts vs M53 which is a plus to me. If I didn't already have 3 that I built plus my WLA I'd be all over this.

If I can make a suggestion to the OP...you should make a short vid of it running out about 25 rounds or more, post it on youtube, then link the sale threads to it. IMO that helps with semi converted guns like this when people see them running. Pics are always a big plus, but a 10 second vid really helps with guns like this too. Just my own experience...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wallys gone dark, many pms sent , Wally get back to me asap my wife has given me permission to buy something hopefully we can come to a agreement

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry,
I went on vacation in New Mexico. Never expected to be off the grid. My hot spot would not even work. It was nice

The mg42 is still for sale. I have 2 offers to review. But I'm not in a hurry to sell. I have a mg35 being built and a 56 tbird I want to restore. The wife is wanting a new car soon. So I have to sell a few toys I don't use.

Wally

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good suggestion on the video. If I can get to the range in the next week I will get a video up on YouTube.
Thanks
Wally

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
This will be one that some day people will kick themselves over for not jumping on it...kinda like the $1800 semi-MG34 I waffled on too long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts