1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hate to do it but I'm going to be putting my Maxim up for sale soon and don't know what the market value is, I searched the net and only found a few parts kits and that Mid West Metals offers the semi conversion, so I'm asking here to see if anyone knows.

It's built from a 1944 Tula matching numbers snow cap kit using Sherman's semi conversion, most parts machined by Hell Box Armory, and I assembled it. The right side plate has a few dings in it from me, so it doesn't look perfect, not shitty looking but not perfect.

Includes the wheeled mount with original shield, spare barrel, one ammo can & belt, gunner tool kit missing the spring tension gauge thing, oil & condensation can set (3 cans) in an ammo can.

Any idea of low to high value?

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Coils,
Sorry to see you selling that piece of history, they make for great semi.
In answer to your question I would guess between $5500-$7k depending upon condition, builder, and accessories included.
I realize this is a wide range but there are many variables to consider. One point I will make is there is always a market for a quality build on one of these.
Hope this helps until others weigh in on this.
CaptMax

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would put the price at $6K just for a gun that runs without any problems then add up the accessories to work out the total value

look at the current prices for a kit then the price for the conversion parts (if you can find them or wait 3 years) and then the cost to have it built. add all that together and you will be in the area of $6k

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree with rhe info already provided. My understanding of current component prices are:

Matching kit. $2600
Build services $2800
Semi parts $800
Mount $450

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the replies, that does give me a good idea what to ask.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I agree with rhe info already provided. My understanding of current component prices are:

Matching kit. $2600
Build services $2800
Semi parts $800
Mount $450
I might be incorrect but I believe the following may be slightly more accurate:

Matching Kit (Coltman15) - $2,500 and includes Sokolov mount, shield, and shipping box.
Midwest Build Services (Dennis) - $2,800 I believe it includes both side plates and semi parts along with labor.

Therefore - $5,300 total for a nicely built gun from a real nice parts kit. Does not include shipping.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Matching Kit (Coltman15) - $2,500 and includes Sokolov mount, shield, and shipping box.
Midwest Build Services (Dennis) - $2,800 I believe it includes both side plates and semi parts along with labor.

Therefore - $5,300 total for a nicely built gun from a real nice parts kit. Does not include shipping.
Redroth is 100% correct on his values. Sorry I got interrupted in process of posting and didn't get a change to refine my post. Figured post of loose it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

This is spot on, the unit Reroth recently bought was a gem from Midwest Metals. Was for sale for a year. Finally sold to Redroth at exactly what he stated. A beautiful as new sample. Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts