Here are a few pictures of the complete and almost complete semi Vickers.
My Dad and I got our fusse rivets from Pirate and Dad got the detent plate from Pirate. With minor fitting, all worked well. (Pirate it would have went a little quicker if the Vickers rivet bucks were not in Florida. Just had to sneak that one in.)
It is interesting to note that all of these guns seem to be just a git different. On the Halo plate, I had to modify the back corner so the grips would pivot down, the top cover plate area so it would close, the slide so the arms would move freely, and the right front so the feed cover would close. None required anything more than a little fitting here and there. Also, the denial island needs to be modified so the extractor would drop and clear the cam on the front side.
I will take it on a shake down shoot as soon as I get a chance, but it clicks and everything resets. I would say that Dad and I each have about 40-50 hours each in just the guns. I would add about 30 hours for the tripod restoration on top of that. I'm sure somebody out there can do it quicker, but that how long it took us.
I would not say the build is terribly hard, it just requires a lot of time, attention to detail, and patience. The real skill was Curtis coming up with the original conversion and Sheman's improvements to make it extremely reliable.
I can't thank Sherman enough for his guidance and use of his tools. His is one of the best I've ever known when it comes to weapons. Sorry for the quality of some of the pictures, but we did not get done till 4:00AM on Sunday morning and didn't get home till 6:00.