1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this is not mine (I wish it were!!!) but belongs to a friend whom I can vouch for. I am only trying to help him sell it. This would make a great restoration project as it uses the same hull as a Sherman.
If you have any questions please ask him as his contact information is listed in the advertisement. Tell him "CaptMax" sent ya. :thumbup:
Asking price is $70K but he is open to offers and trades.
CaptMax
http://www.milweb.net/webvert/a1647

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ninety seven views and no comments? Come on guys I expected more than that from you.
Am I the only one who would consider this if money were not the issue? It really is a great deal. There were only a total of 2,150 Sextons made between 1943 and 1945. And it's only 25 tons in weight. Here is a picture of a nicely restored one.
CaptMax

·
Registered
534 Posts
There wouldn't be enough time in the day for me to do all the things I would like to do if money weren't an issue. Unfortunately, like most of us, I have to live in the real world.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There wouldn't be enough time in the day for me to do all the things I would like to do if money weren't an issue. Unfortunately, like most of us, I have to live in the real world.
I have that problem now even with money being an issue. :jedicrying:
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I still want a Leopard ll with complete NBC kit, active main gun, reactive armor, Fording kit, night sites and a winning lottery ticket. Or at least something with a rotating turret. :D
I'm easy to please. Not demanding at all. And modest. :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...trying not to look...

...and finally could not resist. Have an FV432 APC (only 3K made)...with a turret (see avatar). And a Ferret...with the turret. But the 1943 White M16 Half-track only has the .50 quad mount...no turret. I'd be happy to trade all of the above...and then some...for an honest-to-goodness tank with a turret and main gun...functional or not. Already have the M172A1 25-ton trailer and the semi to pull it. But...alas...I'm probably too old and out of shape to be scrambling around and under such a massive project as rebuilding a SEXTON...or any tank. O,well....

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Reminds me of one of my favorite movies "Saraha" with Humphry Bogart.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just try and find another Sexton for this price, good luck in doing so.
CaptMax

·
Registered
92 Posts
I contacted the seller almost everything is there. I own some other armor (Sherman M4A3, Chieftain Mk10, FV432, FV433's, M3A1 Scout Car, M2A1 HT's and T-55) and I'm on the fence about this one. I don't have time for another project but it's very tempting.

V/R
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Reminds me of one of my favorite movies "Saraha" with Humphry Bogart.
That was an M3 Lee. The Don (formally known as the grad-school-squeeze) can't drive anything bigger than a Ferret to work, and half the fun is wigging out "those people on the other side of the fountain."

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I contacted the seller almost everything is there. I own some other armor (Sherman M4A3, Chieftain Mk10, FV432, FV433's, M3A1 Scout Car, M2A1 HT's and T-55) and I'm on the fence about this one. I don't have time for another project but it's very tempting.

V/R
Ron
Yes Ron, it is very complete. I know he has had some guys from overseas interested and he mentioned "the guy from Las Vegas" but nothing in stone yet. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before it's gone.
I am going to put a link to his ad on Facebook to try and help him out. He is a very good friend so I try and return favors as he has done for me. You have a great collection there Ron, you should be proud of that!! :thumbup:
CaptMax

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes Ron, it is very complete. I know he has had some guys from overseas interested and he mentioned "the guy from Las Vegas" but nothing in stone yet. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before it's gone.
I am going to put a link to his ad on Facebook to try and help him out. He is a very good friend so I try and return favors as he has done for me. You have a great collection there Ron, you should be proud of that!! :thumbup:
CaptMax

It's a smoking deal for sure. I've been trying to purchase some other armor as well and our accountant just keeps trying to bring me back into reality. In fact, we met with him again today and he told me that I could purchase it but I am not going to get any credit for it. I can't purchase anything with that kind of value until after the first of the year (credit for 2016 tax year) to get the full value out of the purchase. If I could account for it in the Cost Of Goods category we would have already agreed on a price and date to pick it up :jedicrying:

I am the "dreamer" behind the business while the poor wife is right me behind to be pick up the pieces (and receipts) and account for all profits and losses. It's been HARD to hold off on several good purchases recently but I don't want to be one of those "I could have bought" situations that you kick yourself over and over about.:(

V/R
Ron

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I wish I had the space for this. At around $70K it certainly seems cheap for a piece of WWII Armor with the 25 pound gun included. On top of that it is based on the Sherman M4A1 chassis (I believe) so parts are available and since it is a self propelled gun it has a fairly simple superstructure in case any panels need replacing. At the price of a new BMW, I know which one I would buy. Reminds me of when 1919A4 kits were $275.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you want to really cry, you should have seen what these were selling for when they came into the US. The dealer kept dropping the prices. Everything goes up in price eventually.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think what is holding it back is that it is Canadian and not American.

Btw, I have enough vehicle projects to run about another 20 years or so.

Steve

1 - 20 of 31 Posts