1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still doing semi auto SG-43 Builds?

I do know people like Wise-lite and Greg Clark used to do Sg-43 Builds but all the Semi SG-43 on Gunbroker are 7K++ and I am not willing to pay that.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

I do know people like Wise-lite and Greg Clark used to do Sg-43 Builds but all the Semi SG-43 on Gunbroker are 7K++ and I am not willing to pay that.
Are you looking for a builder or a self build/help tutorial?

Im working on my 2nd build. Im just a WECSOG'er (You're going to have to do a forum search for that term 8*) so my manufacturing capabilities are limited to a dremel and a drill press.

I can tell you they are manageable for the home builder but 1) There's a TON of hand fitting involved 2) Setting the headspace is critical and the internet suggested .030 method WILL blow up cases and 3) The AR15 trigger box method is about the only way you can do it at home and it requires some significant fine tuning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for a builder or a self build/help tutorial?

Im working on my 2nd build. Im just a WECSOG'er (You're going to have to do a forum search for that term 8*) so my manufacturing capabilities are limited to a dremel and a drill press.

I can tell you they are manageable for the home builder but 1) There's a TON of hand fitting involved 2) Setting the headspace is critical and the internet suggested .030 method WILL blow up cases and 3) The AR15 trigger box method is about the only way you can do it at home and it requires some significant fine tuning.

I have heard that the Sg-43 might be one of the more easier builds, but I really would prefer an FFL to build one for me.

If I can't find anyone I might give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I have heard that the Sg-43 might be one of the more easier builds, but I really would prefer an FFL to build one for me.

If I can't find anyone I might give it a shot.
Gory builds were popular about 8 years ago but declined when most of the demilled bbls were found to be non repairable (economically) . (The demil in the chamber is usually right on the case shoulder) Finding a qualified builder wont be that hard, but what they are going to charge you may cost you several months mortgage payments.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

SMG in Texas may build SG-43's, you would have to contact them and ask.
There was an outfit that advertised on the "Weapons Guild" but I cannot remember the name.
We sold them quite a few of the demilled SG-43 barrels for them to repair.
I remember they built an SG-43 that fed from a DP-28 pan magazine.
There are no longer the amount of builders that used to do this work.

Richard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am in the market for another Barret M-82 but a bit short on funds.

So, what would you offer for mine?
https://youtu.be/ZwhOmESy_-w
I am a little bit short on funds at the moment too because I have committed to a Maxim from Dennis, but I can offer $3,000? I am really not sure what they are worth, so hopefully, you don't feel like I am low balling you

I am in California (Los Angeles area) if that matters. I don't need and actually can't have any links come with it.

Let me know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SMG in Texas may build SG-43's, you would have to contact them and ask.
There was an outfit that advertised on the "Weapons Guild" but I cannot remember the name.
We sold them quite a few of the demilled SG-43 barrels for them to repair.
I remember they built an SG-43 that fed from a DP-28 pan magazine.
There are no longer the amount of builders that used to do this work.

Richard
Thanks for the help! I will contact Rick at SMG as I have been very happy with my DP28 they built.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in the market for another Barret M-82 but a bit short on funds.

So, what would you offer for mine?
https://youtu.be/ZwhOmESy_-w
Sorry Karl, after doing more research I realized that I may have low balled you with that $3,000 offer. If you want to send me an email at [email protected] with an estimation of what you would take for the Sg-43 that would help me as I gain more funds to buy one. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts