1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally ordered my RSP for my SG kit the other day I have been checking the parts against the tech site to try an estimate when it was originally built. I am looking forward to getting the parts parkerized for the assembly portion of the build. I just try to keep it moving along little by little.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Sounds like you are coming along. At least you picked the easiest mfg to put together, with the largest number of parts available. Saginaw made perhaps the best of the breed, when it came to durability of components and quality of manufacture. Though we have discussed the earlier parts for your piece, the ArmaSteel iron castings were, in some cases, more durable than the forged or bar steel counterparts.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Lucky#13 SEZ: "....Some of those old Saginaw guns show the ArmaSteel parts turning that plum color. But it is not consistent, as my piece has those same castings but not that shade. No idea why they vary, but I've seen a number of SG kits and have a number of loose parts I've kept with the plum coloring."

Ya, know, seems like we've had this discussion before by I can't find it with an "Advances Search." Other than turning the plum color, is there any easy way to identify ArmaSteel production parts? And who IS John Galt!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts