1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SG has these tripods on thier web site

Rock-steady support! M2 Tripod for all 1919 series Browning? Machine Guns. Weighs about 11 lbs., 14 ozs. Opens to about 34 1/2 x 34 1/2 x 30". Includes front brass ID plate.

Condition: used, in very good to excellent shape. Has been cleaned and repainted. May have minor dings. Sorry, no elevation / traverse gear. Folds for travel. Markings vary, no choice.

They do have name plates that give WWII dates, but they just do not look right to me

here is the link
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=282638

My question would be is it a real WWII item and is it worth the
price considering it does not have the pindle or t&e

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
ATTN bacl2000

bacl2000

$600 for the tripod w/o the pintel or T&E seems a little steep to me. I think by the time you purchase the T&E and pintel it will be close to $800-900. That is not a real data plate either. Here is a link to Gunbroker.com for a genuine M2 tripod that appears to be all original. If you are a stickler like me and want the real McCoy you will pay the extra bucks. I look at it as an investment since these items are not real plentiful. This particular tripod from the photos looks DAMN nice. Hope it helps.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=53069472

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Kamikazi54 said:
bacl2000

That is not a real data plate either.

Are you SURE? Are you positive that a beat up WW2 tripod might not have a brand spanking new brass plate with printing on it thats identical to the cheesy engraving that SG will use to personalize any damn thing you buy from them?

Isnt it POSSIBLE that a tripod made during the big war might have said plate secured by aluminum pop rivets?

Could happen, odds are against it, though

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
You can see for yourself in the link for the original tripod that I put in this thread. I have seen the reproduction ones and they don't look anything like the one in the photo. My M2 data plate does not look like the "reproduction" ones either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts